Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Standard replacement barrels

5 posters

Go down

High Standard replacement barrels Empty High Standard replacement barrels

Post by Virgil Kane 1/19/2012, 1:39 pm

I have an old HS made in Hamden that shoots great. Only problem is as I get older and having eye problems I'm leaning more towards using a red dot in place of iron sights. I would hate to ruin my factory barrel by drilling and taping and was wondering if the newly manufactured HS barrels are as good in quality as the old Hamden barrels? I know that the new HS models have had their share of problems but I never heard anything about the accuracy of the new HS. Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks

Virgil Kane

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

High Standard replacement barrels Empty Re: High Standard replacement barrels

Post by Jack H 1/19/2012, 3:48 pm

I am going to assume you have a large push button model.

I have fired two Houston barrels. A Victor and a 10x. Both are very good. The 10x is mine, the Victor is not. My 10x came straight from Alan in Houston. It needed only a little cleaning of the mushroom head to fit onto different HS guns I have. The result is very good. I fit my own front sight.

Don't get the HS base rail. Have someone like Roddy fit a Weaver type base on it. Or add a hole to a LSP base to fit the holes on the barrel. The barrel is already tapped. I am not sure but it may even accept the Victor iron sight rail.

Presently, my 10x barrel is sitting on a 103 Sportking frame with a 103 Citation slide with a 107 rear sight leaf, and the 106 front sight I fit to it. The only negative is I do not like that grey finish on it. Parkerized or something. It is not an attractive barrel. Even the roll marks are not good. But looks don't shoot.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

High Standard replacement barrels Empty solution

Post by private citizen 1/19/2012, 4:50 pm

Virgil Kane wrote:I have an old HS made in Hamden that shoots great. Only problem is as I get older and having eye problems I'm leaning more towards using a red dot in place of iron sights. I would hate to ruin my factory barrel by drilling and taping and was wondering if the newly manufactured HS barrels are as good in quality as the old Hamden barrels? I know that the new HS models have had their share of problems but I never heard anything about the accuracy of the new HS. Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks

Virgil Kane

I bought an LSP barrel with a mount attached. Put the original HS 7 inch barrel away.

private citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/19/2012, 6:15 pm

LSP is good. The aluminum is a good idea for knocking off some weight.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 1/19/2012, 6:45 pm

I believe Volquartzen has HS pushbutton barrels in stock with rails already attached, or separately https://www.volquartsen.com/tags/5-barrels,28-high-standard
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 1/20/2012, 10:17 am

I would also recommend the LSP barrels. I have both steel and aluminum. The aluminum was great when I was recovering from rotator cuff surgery but I like the steel version for most shooting. With the extra weight the movement is less and recovery is faster. I usually get 2-3 more x's with the steel barrel. accuracy with either one is around an inch with CCI sv, which by the way is what LSP barrels are chambered for.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down