Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change in the rules for 22lr "refires"

+3
weber1b
Olde Pilot
Wes Lorenz
7 posters

Go down

Change in the rules for 22lr "refires" Empty Change in the rules for 22lr "refires"

Post by Wes Lorenz 9/4/2016, 9:15 pm

All,
As a match director & competitor, I have noticed the increasing number of 22lr "failure to fires" during matches and league night.
With the current quality control & availability of current 22lr ammo, which leads competitors to buy whatever they can find, I feel like a rule change to allow for 2 refires/match in the 22lr matches/leagues is in order.
The competitor is not at fault in any way and some of us travel significant distances to shoot matches and it just bothers me that a 300 mile trip could go to waste over some 22lr ammo.
For what it's worth I just bought some SK, Aguila, & Eley (22lr ammo in the $6.00-$8.00 range) that has inconsistent powder charges (velocity) which makes me worry every match whether or not there is a dud in the brick somewhere that will rear it's ugly head at a very inappropriate time Twisted Evil
What do you think?

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Change in the rules for 22lr "refires" Empty Re: Change in the rules for 22lr "refires"

Post by Olde Pilot 9/4/2016, 9:34 pm

My experience is no Failures To Fire in 1000's of SK, CCI, Aguila and others in last year or two in my Marvel.  Seems to me that most match refires are failures to feed and mostly in European "fancy" guns. So, I'm not in favor of any changes.

I DO appreciate, however, that a FTF for you HMs competing for a Championship may have more impact than on us Experts/Sharpshooters/Marksmen back in the pack.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Change in the rules for 22lr "refires" Empty Re: Change in the rules for 22lr "refires"

Post by weber1b 9/4/2016, 9:38 pm

I get what you are saying, although I have not personally seen it happen in any matches. I also have never had it happen to me in four years of shooting Bullseye. I have been fortunate to secure sufficient supplies of CCI Std through that time to not have to fire other brands. 

The one question I would have is how do you separate failure to fire based on the ammo and light strikes due to equipment issues. May be opening a can of worms.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 9/4/2016, 10:19 pm

Never had a failure to fire in match ammo. And RARE is it that I see FTF in bulk cheap plinking ammo. Broken firing pin? Weak spring? Eh...
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 9/5/2016, 8:00 am

Most of the FTF's that occur during our league night, happen to those guys who just come out to shoot the league, never clean their pistols and who buy cheap bulk ammo.  And to the guy shooting the FWB AW93.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 9/5/2016, 8:05 am

I thought the rules stated you are allowed one refire per match.   So 1 refire for the slow fire. 1 for the NMC, 1 for the timed fire match. 1 for the rapid fire match.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 9/5/2016, 10:55 am

Christopher Miceli wrote:I thought the rules stated you are allowed one refire per match.   So 1 refire for the slow fire. 1 for the NMC, 1 for the timed fire match. 1 for the rapid fire match.

Correct.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 9/5/2016, 6:12 pm

cdrt wrote:
Christopher Miceli wrote:I thought the rules stated you are allowed one refire per match.   So 1 refire for the slow fire. 1 for the NMC, 1 for the timed fire match. 1 for the rapid fire match.

Correct.
Almost!  Technically, you could have a refire in the Slow Fire stage of the NMC and another one in the combined sustained fire stages (rule 9.14(c)).  In practice no one calls for a refire in Slow.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down