Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson Conversion Unit

+16
Jon Eulette
Saladman
Nelson Custom Guns
STEVE SAMELAK
bob finger
LenV
jglenn21
Tim:H11
rich.tullo
Jack H
KenO
ric1911a1
Sc0
kc.crawford.7
Chris Miceli
SW-52
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nelson Conversion Unit - Page 2 Empty Nelson Conversion Unit

Post by SW-52 Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:17 am

First topic message reminder :

hi,i have a High standard supermatic trophy with red dot,but the nelson conversion looks very sexy. i want to know the conversion fit all 1911 frames or better in specific frames,thanks.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Nelson Conversion Unit - Page 2 Empty Re: Nelson Conversion Unit

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:31 pm

LenV wrote:Thanks everyone. I do have a lot of different sears here. I actually didn't touch the sear this time. I had a great 3.5 lb trigger on it so just worked with the main spring. It doesn't follow when I hold the trigger or rack slide by hand. It does drop past the half cock when released so it made me wonder if it was going to go bang. I will work with it some more and see if I can get it to work that low. I don't have a lot else to do on this cold nasty day.

Len

Sounds like too short of a sear and possibly trigger bounce since it doesn't happen when the trigger is held back. If the sear was long enough it should stop at half cock but you mentioned it goes all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:37 am

Life is full of compromises. I have 3 extra sears and 3 extra hammers here to try and work the trigger down closer to 2lbs. I grabbed the longest sear (by comparing them slid on removed pin) and the trigger with the longest hooks and tried to adjust the pull. Yea, I got it down below 2.5 and it worked 100% of the time. It was a horrible trigger. It felt like it had a mile of creep in it. I also had to give up the beaver tail because the trigger with the longest hooks was mil spec. I worked with it another hour and was able to get a trigger pull with a different hammer that I liked and 100% reliable but had to settle for a 2.5-2.75 pull. I suspect I will adjust it more when I have the conversion. I have a heavy bronze shoe on the trigger and that may be a contributor to the bounce problem.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:04 am

This thread came at a good time. A couple days ago at the range my Nelson started the same thing. Once or twice a 5 round string after a shot my hammer would be at the first click even though it would lock back the slide after the last round. Now it dose it after each round. Bummer. Time to buy my gunsmith a couple steak dinners.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Warhorse Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:13 pm

I have a Marvel #1 on a dedicated Foster frame made up by Frerking Custom Works with a two pound trigger.

http://www.fcwguns.com/about/

Warhorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2