Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!!

5 posters

Go down

Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!! Empty Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!!

Post by s1120 1/30/2017, 8:45 am

I really have to thank you all on this board. Ive been studying the posts, for ages now, and slowly working through training to improve my shooting. As I was shooting this weekend, and having a rough time at it, it hit me, that Ive gotten to the point that I can see what I'm doing wrong. Im learning whats causing bad shots....  I have a lot of work ahead to FIX the problems, but I guess knowing where I'm going wrong, is half the battle. On to more dry firing!!!!!

s1120

Back to top Go down

Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!! Empty Re: Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!!

Post by Ed Hall 1/30/2017, 11:41 am

s1120 wrote:I really have to thank you all on this board. Ive been studying the posts, for ages now, and slowly working through training to improve my shooting. As I was shooting this weekend, and having a rough time at it, it hit me, that Ive gotten to the point that I can see what I'm doing wrong. Im learning whats causing bad shots....  I have a lot of work ahead to FIX the problems, but I guess knowing where I'm going wrong, is half the battle. On to more dry firing!!!!!
Personally, I normally suggest that you study what you do right and learn how to recognize and do those things, rather than looking for things to fix.  Both work, but I believe in the old saying to look for what you want, not for what you don't want.  I think it's a shorter path.  But, all paths can lead to the top and being from a troubleshooter background, I understand the concept and the allure of looking for problems to fix.  It is sometimes hard for me to stay on my suggested path.

Here's something I was told by Bill Blankenship a long time ago (The words are phrased by me, but the concept is my understanding of what he told me.):

If you learn your shot process well, you can tell before the shot happens if the process is developing in the manner in which a good shot progresses.  Only shoot those shots that progress that way.

I further believe that if you look for positive indicators, you will have more positive indicators and if you look for negative indicators, you manifest more negative indicators.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!! Empty Re: Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!!

Post by s1120 1/30/2017, 12:04 pm

I do normally focus on what I do right..  But I could see that the difference between the good week I had a few weeks ago, and last weeks bad one, was trigger control. Ive seen the sights move during the off shots, and knew they were not going to hit where they should have before seeing the hole.

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/30/2017, 12:29 pm

LtC Miller said in so many words - "See the good shot coming".

I would add - "Feel" too.

See it.  Feel it.  Watch it.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 1/30/2017, 1:20 pm

Learning enough to see I have a ton more to learn!!! 20070402_gijoeBig

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 1/30/2017, 2:07 pm

Jack H wrote:LtC Miller said in so many words - "See the good shot coming".

I would add - "Feel" too.

See it.  Feel it.  Watch it.
Be the bullet.  Couldn't help but post that your words reminded me of one of my favorites.  Caddy Shack.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down