Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glass Bedding MKIII lug to receiver

4 posters

Go down

Glass Bedding MKIII lug to receiver Empty Glass Bedding MKIII lug to receiver

Post by watercam 2/8/2017, 5:48 pm

Have a well loved MKIII that was solid fore and aft but rocked side to side quite a bit. Looked at some fix ideas - personally I did not feel comfortable peening the frame sides. Soda can shim did not seem very precise. Lot's of experience bedding match rifles so bedded the bottom and sides of the frame lug into the receiver. Very, very solid now and functions 100%. Still breaks down as per normal. Success!

Last edited by watercam on 2/10/2017, 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total

watercam

Back to top Go down

Glass Bedding MKIII lug to receiver Empty Re: Glass Bedding MKIII lug to receiver

Post by LenV 2/8/2017, 6:01 pm

You have to show pictures or it didn't happen. Smile
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Glass Bedding MKIII lug to receiver Empty Re: Glass Bedding MKIII lug to receiver

Post by watercam 2/8/2017, 8:13 pm

You are so right! Will post pics in the morning.

watercam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/8/2017, 8:22 pm

Take the lower receiver/frame and put it in a machinist vise and lightly squeeze it. It will get rid if the play. Squeezing it forces sides up which takes out vertical and horizontal play. Been doing it like that for looooong time.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by watercam 2/8/2017, 8:27 pm

Jon,
Thanks for the comment, I have looked into that but decided to try the bedding first. It was 100% successful from every stand point for me. The front and rear frame contact points were still tight and now there is zero play in any direction.

watercam

Back to top Go down

Post by DJKWImark3 2/10/2017, 9:44 am

For a quick fix use aluminum duct tape instead of the soda can shim..I found that a small piece can make a big difference.
I have used it on a Mark 3 with a composite plastic frame. Still I would like to see a photo of the glass bedding.

DJKWImark3

Back to top Go down

Post by watercam 2/10/2017, 9:52 am

Can anyone advise as to the process of posting pics? Can not seem to find a way to attach them to a reply.
Thanks, Mike

watercam

Back to top Go down

Post by watercam 2/10/2017, 11:18 am

OK, done with trying to upload pics. If anyone wants to see one shoot me a PM with email and I will get one to you.

watercam

Back to top Go down

Post by DJKWImark3 2/10/2017, 11:57 am

watercam wrote:OK, done with trying to upload pics. If anyone wants to see one shoot me a PM with email and I will get one to you.
 Done......

DJKWImark3

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/10/2017, 12:16 pm

Post a link to photo bucket if you have one please.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by watercam 2/14/2017, 8:34 pm

Put some more rounds down range with the glassed lug. Seems to be a different gun all of a sudden. Groups shrank significantly with same ammo. Must have been looser than I thought!

watercam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down