Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buckmark Firing pin pre-2000

3 posters

Go down

Buckmark Firing pin pre-2000 Empty Buckmark Firing pin pre-2000

Post by Russ OR Thu Mar 09 2017, 23:59

If anybody shoots an older Buckmark:
I shot my pre-2000 Browning Buckmark for many years - firing pin finally broke.

I could-not-find a replacement pin. - Thanks to Jon and Roddy for suggesting Jack First in SD-they had one (said they make them). I got one - it worked. But after a years moderate use it broke. 
A few months ago I found & ordered a spare pin from Striplin https://striplincustom.com/  . It works - hope it holds up.  -

Russ

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Buckmark Firing pin pre-2000 Empty Re: Buckmark Firing pin pre-2000

Post by Aprilian Fri Mar 10 2017, 09:02

I luckily stocked up on the pre-2000 firing pins last year before they became unobtanium.  The two aftermarket ones which you mentioned are options, as is taking of the whole slide assembly and buying a new slide and new style firing pin block from Browning.   However, I hear they are backordered on the recoil assembly which goes into the new style firing pin block.

I found my pins on GunBroker.  There appears to be one up currently, but I'd double check the part number.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Mon Mar 20 2017, 12:00

Thanks for the heads up.  I am having some light strike issues, and although not sure if its the firing pin I ordered one from Striplin Custom just in case.  I did call Browning, they merely said they don't carry them anymore.  Plus, mine is a Silhouette model, and the person i spoke with said they didn't even make parts for it (i.e. new slide and firing pin block)  to upgrade to the more recent system (WTF?). Pretty crummy customer service I think.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ OR Mon Mar 20 2017, 13:31

Greg, That Silhouette is getting valuable! --The Striplin Firing pin is working well.   --- - I think the only part not available for our model Buckmarks is the special sear spring. Midwest Gun Works has some Buckmark parts.  - Jack First, at one time said they might have some available in the future. 
Some day I'll see if the regular Buckmark sear spring will would work.

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Wed Mar 22 2017, 21:28

Thx Russ. Good to know. Luckily I purchased a spare sear spring a couple years, before Jon E did a super trigger job for me. He didn't use it so I have a spare. I really like the pistol, bought it with the 10" bull barrel, plus a Tacsol light barrel as well.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down