Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooters Boxes

+4
BE Mike
BHeintz
Steve B
Tallen
8 posters

Go down

Shooters Boxes Empty Shooters Boxes

Post by Tallen Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 pm

New to bullseye, only a few matches under my belt, considering getting a shooters box and was looking for some advice as far as what the best values are, the cheap gunho boxes worth buying or should I just skip over them and buy a quality aluminum box from the start. Personally the plastic gunhos boxes seem to fit the bill as I am only shooting the 900 matches for now. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Tallen

Back to top Go down

Shooters Boxes Empty Re: Shooters Boxes

Post by Steve B Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Gun Ho boxes are no longer produced. You can find decent used ones if you spend a little time looking. The aluminum Strong Case models are the cream of the crop, IMHO.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by BHeintz Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:24 pm

I have a Gun Ho box, but kind of wish I would have got one of the aluminum Strong Case boxes. They are nice, and much lighter than my Gun Ho box. I doubt you would be disappointed with the investment of a Strong Case.

BHeintz

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:43 pm

I recently got a Precision Pistol Box. It is the small 2 gun horizontal one. It costs about $160 + shipping. It is light weight and easy to tote around.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Shooters Boxes Empty TNB Boxes

Post by CrankyThunder Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:48 pm

The tnb boxes are the bestest

Highy recommended by Crankythunder Rimfire Shooting euphorium!

Bullseyegearonline.com i think is the palce that has them.

Regards,

Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tallen Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:57 pm

I see the strong boxes come with a scope mount already attached so there is some savings there, probably the way to go. I like the fact you can add a drawer later if you need more room. Is the height of the sliding drawer adjustable at all? Is there enough "headroom" for most all pistols with dots mounted? Thanks for all the replies.

Tallen

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carroll Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

The strong boxes are very nice. I have the SRC-2008 3 gun long model. I carry my Marvel on dedicated frame w/ 1"UltraDot, Ball gun and my Wad gun w/ dot. I put my ear muffs in in front of the barrels and then lay my 6" .38 revolver in a zippered gun rug on top of my ear muffs. There is room. My training partner got the large one, SRC-1812 4 gun and that is a large one, and after seeing it I was glad I went with the 3 gun.

Scott

Scott Carroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Tallen Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Appreciate all the replies, I took a look at the precision boxes and like the strong boxes better, think I'll go with the 3 gun long box that 4 gun looks cumbersome. It'll take me a while to outgrow it in this economy.

Tallen

Back to top Go down

Shooters Boxes Empty Pistol Box

Post by lgarc45 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Has anyone seen or used this pistol box? I just saw it on Ebay and never heard of these pistol boxes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pistol-Range-Case-Target-Shooters-Box-Pistol-Case-/280799037171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4160ed46f3

Thanks

Luis

lgarc45

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I emailed that guy--he's custom making those. I noticed a couple of design problems. The storage drawer looks too small for .22 ammo packages and there is no lower ammo storage. Because the pistol storage "thingy" isn't a tray, you cant really store stuff in there. The scope wont store right because the tray is in the way when you close the box. The box lid has sides along the entire length of the lid so if you try to swing the scope mount lower you cant--the lid sides wil interfere.

JMHO--I'd buy the strong for my next box. I've got 2 pachmayrs right now.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:24 am

lgarc45 wrote:Has anyone seen or used this pistol box? I just saw it on Ebay and never heard of these pistol boxes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pistol-Range-Case-Target-Shooters-Box-Pistol-Case-/280799037171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4160ed46f3

Thanks

Luis
If you are looking for a wooden gun box, I'd go with Precision Pistol Boxes (http://www.precisionpistolbox.com/) over this one on ebay. Greg Walloch has many different styes that are better thought out, for a lower price. If you want a metal gun box, go with the Strong or Ziegel Engineering.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down