Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark I upgrades?

4 posters

Go down

Mark I upgrades? Empty Mark I upgrades?

Post by inthebeech 4/5/2012, 12:31 pm

Aparently there is a difference in the firing mechanism's between the Mark II / III and the earlier Mark I ?? I see quite a bit of aftermarket upgrades but only available for the newer models.

I just picked up a Mark I and would like to use it to start shooting Bullseye in the 22 events and right now am really only needing some ideas regarding taking the creep out of the trigger. It shoots plenty well as is, so more expensive upgrades don't need to be pursued right now.

Any thoughts on who / where I can either purchase Mark I parts, kits for trigger upgrades, or get the work done by someone else, would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Ed
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Mark I upgrades? Empty Re: Mark I upgrades?

Post by Paper-Puncher 4/5/2012, 4:32 pm

You are correct , I didnt see any mark 1 parts on the Volquartzen or Clark web pages.....I think I would give Clark Customs a call ,they have been doing Ruger pistols a long time and could probably fix you up...or a cheaper alternative would be to pick up a used Mark 2 and just change out the parts yourself....

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 4/8/2012, 9:14 am

Also will Mark II grips (Herrett) fit my Mark I?
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by 924mike 5/7/2012, 8:30 pm

I also have a mark 1 and I called volquartsen and the mark 2 trigger group will work in a mark1. I had our club gunsmith install mine and it worked out great. I believe the only differnce is the parts that makethe bolt stay open on last shot. Hope I could be some help.

924mike

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyepistol 5/8/2012, 2:03 am

inthebeech wrote:Aparently there is a difference in the firing mechanisms between the Mark II / III and the earlier Mark I ??
The trigger mechanism is identical in the Mark I and II. However, internal parts for the Mark III are not compatible with either Mark I or II pistols.

Ruger magazines are not fully compatible across the models. Mark I is the basic. Mark II adds a tab on the follower to activate the slide stop. Mark III magazines are completely different, with a different release method. You should be able to use Mark II magazines in a Mark I as is, and if not, with a bit of follower modification.

Last edited by bullseyepistol on 5/8/2012, 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
bullseyepistol
bullseyepistol

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 5/8/2012, 7:21 pm

Thank you very much. Yes, this was helpful. I didn't pursue the grip idea any further. I went to the wood pile and found a nice piece of figured 'something' and made a set. I also stoned down the sear notch on the hammer to about ten thousandths and she's a shootin' machine now - three inch groups off bags at fifty yards and a pretty nice trigger.

Ed
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down