Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel

3 posters

Go down

Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel Empty Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel

Post by Rob Kovach 9/4/2017, 4:17 pm

Please see Jason Dobbs' great spreadsheet for administering 1800's:
I hope I didn't wreck anything when I cleared out the competitor info....

His developer notes follow:

Rob - 

Here is what I've been working with for the MFRGC matches.  The main power of this sheet is on the 1800 tab.  Most of the 'fancy' excel stuff happens there.  If you have someone who knows excel - they could probably figure out what's going on, though it's always tricky to reverse engineer someone else's spreadsheet  :-)  I think most clubs use Excel to help format their results sheet, but ultimately everything is calculated manually.  For smaller matches that can work, but I think it makes it easy for there to be errors.

With some work, this could be extended to allow for a 2700 - I could do that pretty easily I believe.  This isn't perfect, and I'm sure improvements could still be made.  I'll be interested to take a look at the other sheet you mentioned.  Might give me some ideas for this one.

Below are some high level notes about the tabs in the sheet:

SHOOTERS Tab: All the shooters that have shot at our club - this drives the drop-down boxes for the 1800 Tab and NRA Reporting tabs.  

1800 Tab: 
    Column C: Drop down box that pulls Names from the Shooters Tab.  
    Gray colored fields are cleared out (deleted) for a new match.  All others fields should not be touched as they contain formulas that need to stay.
    When adding additional shooters to a category, you must be careful to copy and entire row in that class, then insert / paste it back to ensure the formulas stay correct.
    There is conditional formatting that highlights the winners in green automatically.
    There are lots of hidden columns that do the calculations for who one each match (class and overall) that considers both raw score and X-Count to determine the winner.
    The match winnings (dollar awards) is a bit complicated and probably needs some re-work, or that could just be done manually.  It's setup for the MFGRC fall match.

NRA Reporting Tab: 
    Selecting the drop down in the NAME Column, you can choose the shooters that were at the match, and all pertinent information will be pulled in automatically after the name is chosen.  You will need to enter the number of shots fired manually.

EIC Service Tab: Manual record, not used this year.

Score Check: Quick score checking template so each shot can be entered to verify individual scorecards.  The sheet adds up the totals for each match and aggregate. I entered the X's as 10's in the fields, then just typed the X Count for each target manually.
Attachments
Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel Attachment
MFR&GC 08-06-17 1800 Match.xlsx You don't have permission to download attachments.(76 Kb) Downloaded 63 times
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel Empty Re: Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel

Post by fc60 9/6/2017, 1:55 pm

Greetings,

AttachmentsJason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel AttachmentMFR&GC 08-06-17 1800 Match.xlsx You don't have permission to download attachments.(76 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Unable to download? Change permissions for all users? chmod 777 ?

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel Empty Re: Jason Dobbs' 1800 administration spreadsheet for Excel

Post by Rob Kovach 9/6/2017, 5:43 pm

oh crap....Sorry...Downloads are now enabled....
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayneinky 3/10/2018, 1:37 am

Just found this, thanks for posting. I am in a small group that meets once a week for a little shooting fun. I will try to adapt this for your use.
Thanks again
Wayneinky
Wayneinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down