Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two ways to post photos in this forum.

+14
Amati
farmboy
SMBeyer
SachStormare
chopper
Aprilian
Chris Miceli
scrum derringer
rreid
Magload
LenV
Rob Kovach
fc60
mikemyers
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Empty Two ways to post photos in this forum.

Post by mikemyers Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Here is one way I have been posting photos in this Bullseye forum.

If you're entering your text, there is a row of thingies up above the white box where you are typing.  Two of them are useful for posting a photo.  If you hover your mouse over each of them, one at a time, the icon at the left will bring up a notification "Host an image", followed by one that says "insert image", which is for an image you already have posted online somewhere.  Anyone posting a message to the forum should be able to see this.  There are also icons for LINK, YOUTUBE, VIDEO, and FLASH.  For now, let's stick with only the first one shown at the left below:

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Screen13
For this technique to work, you need to have an image on your computer that you want to upload.  The image can't be too big, or the system won't let you upload it.  I usually re-size my images so they're no more than 800 pixels wide.  Small images work fine. Make sure you know the file name of the image, and where it is on your computer.

As I am now typing this response, I am going to click on that "host an image" icon, and this is what shows up for me:

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Screen15

What I've been doing is to click on the green box SELECT FILES, which brings up a list of lots of stuff on my computer, then I go to where the image is, and double click on it.  Then I click SEND ALL and when that is finished, INSERT ALL which will copy the image to wherever your cursor happened to be on the computer screen.

If it's not where you want it, you can use "COPY" and "PASTE" to move it around, just as you would do with text.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Empty Re: Two ways to post photos in this forum.

Post by fc60 Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Test Image

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Benell12
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Empty Re: Two ways to post photos in this forum.

Post by fc60 Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Ten X's for Mr. Mike Meyers!!!

With kind regards,

David
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks for that demo, Mike Meyers.

Please use the method that Mike has shown--

AVOID using "attach file" as that requires extra cost for us...
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Rob created a Monster about 4 years ago when he taught me how to post pictures. 1000 pictures later and still going strong. 

lol!
Two ways to post photos in this forum. Inkedc10
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Answer me this then.  Why when I insert my pics right side up they end up posting on their side or upside down?  I suspect maybe the site likes portrait and I took the photo in landscape.  I see no way to rotate the pic so you all don't get cricks in you necks looking at them.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:07 pm

On your computer, they may be shown the way you want, but they may actually be sideways, or have code included with the image that rotates it.  The end of this link shows one way to fix the images so they will work everywhere, including images uploaded to forums (but I've never tried it - I do all this manually in Adobe Lightroom, when needed).

https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Two ways to post photos in this forum. 20170710
A shot from when I was recutting the crown on my Model 19. It was out of square and had some cleaning rod damage.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Two ways to post photos in this forum. 20170810Looks like my picture shows up. Here's a shot of the finished product.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Two ways to post photos in this forum. 20170811Two ways to post photos in this forum. 20170811

test
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:09 am

test
Two ways to post photos in this forum. 45-16010

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 am

For anyone who isn't aware of it yet, it's also simple to post a "YouTube video" here.  For example, I wanted to post this video of how a 1911 works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H3IFJXxyEs

In that same area of the icons for text and image entry, there is one that shows "YouTube".  If you click on that, and then paste in the web address from YouTube (that you would have copied from the browser while watching the video), the software here will insert the video so it shows up like this, which I just did in Jon's post about how he has modified the 1911 compared to what Les Baer does:

mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:04 am

Please can this be a sticky?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 am

Aprilian wrote:Please can this be a sticky?
It already is a sticky at the top of Commercial Row.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t49-instructions-for-hosting-pictures-guidelines-for-posting-items-for-sale
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:48 am

Maybe this can be added to that sticky. Mikes picture and explanation does help for general posting of pictures. At least it has for me, I'm not all that skilled on the use of computers. It would be nice to put that sticky in the General sub forum.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SachStormare Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:26 am

chopper wrote:Maybe this can be added to that sticky. Mikes picture and explanation does help for general posting of pictures. At least it has for me, I'm not all that skilled on the use of computers. It would be nice to put that sticky in the General sub forum.
 Stan

I agree. This would definitely help a lot. Smile

SachStormare

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:08 pm

That's easy for you to say!!! I'm the one that has to remember how to make this a sticky! I'll work on it.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Img_2111test
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Img_2911another test
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Not really at test. I raise you one happy sleeping dog by one lazy sleeping cat. Tiny little thing eh.
Two ways to post photos in this forum. 12041510
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:16 am

testTwo ways to post photos in this forum. Chuck_10
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:53 pm

LenV wrote:Not really at test. I raise you one happy sleeping dog by one lazy sleeping cat. Tiny little thing eh.
Two ways to post photos in this forum. 12041510Len that looks like a comfy cat!
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Empty Testing

Post by Amati Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Two ways to post photos in this forum. 1911_p10

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Is there any info on how to post a spreadsheet?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. Empty Results of using the "code" option for posting text from an Excel Spreadsheet here

Post by mikemyers Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:37 pm

1ruger
2s&w
3colt
4high standard
this is being typed into an Excel spreadsheet
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next