Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini issues

+9
Chris Miceli
SMBeyer
mpolans
Jwhelan939
UtahDave
gregbenner
MarkOue
30harry
285wannab
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini issues - Page 2 Empty Pardini issues

Post by 285wannab 12/30/2017, 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,
Having trouble with my 2016 SP.  I can pull the trigger and gun goes bang but sometimes it won't pick up the next round. This is with a couple of brands of ammo.  It did stovepipe once today.
Gun is clean and lightly oiled.  One thing I noticed is when manually pulling the bolt back , the hammer is very hard to cock.  It seems more so than other 22 guns.
Looking for some suggestions on what to do.

Thanks and Happy New Year........

285wannab

Back to top Go down

Pardini issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini issues

Post by JD Mahan 1/7/2018, 6:11 pm

Not to be dense, but what O rings are you all referring to here?

JD Mahan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/7/2018, 7:52 pm

Have trouble believing SK Plus, or any other standard velocity, is better, or worse, than another in cold weather. 

Given all the attempts to correct the problem, seems it is not a pistol or an ammo issue other than the gun and ammo and lubrication are unable to  overcome Mother Nature.

That, however, should not be a deterrent to throw more money at the problem whether futile or not.

Operation Barbarossa comes to mind.  "Ach du lieber, ja?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/7/2018, 8:02 pm

Pardini SP's have at least 3 different bolts.

One has an absorber that fits into the rear of the frame and nothing in the bolt except for the recoil rod and spring in the rear.

Another has the absorber in the rear of the frame as well a "damper" rod in the rear of the bolt as well as the recoil rod and spring.  It is black and inside are several small black O-rings to "dampen" recoil.

A third has only the damper rod and no frame absorber.

It seems that all 3 were used at various times, probably to use the previous earlier 2 types in order to delete existing factory inventories.

None are really better or worse or a problem as long as the absorber and/or the damper O-rings are replaced periodically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 1/8/2018, 2:05 am

38Super!! wrote:Have trouble believing SK Plus, or any other standard velocity, is better, or worse, than another in cold weather. 
Ambient temperature affects all self contained cartridges. Because of the different components, some are affected more than others. 

In the past, Aguila has performed perfectly during the summer, but I would get fail to feed and fail to eject stoppages during the winter.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/8/2018, 10:40 am

Perhaps.  We need a definition of "cold" as in temperatures that is relative to the discussion to draw any conclusions.  Obviously, in very low temperatures, ammo, gun, and lubrication will be affected.

Aquila had a few batches of ammo that had feeding/extraction problems when shooting this past summer in June by a few of us in local matches.  Other batches worked fine as they did last week.

Certain shotgun and pistol powders that are "single-based" powders can be sensitive to temperature but the temperatures at which noticeable effects are experienced are usually those that are uncomfortable for the shooter as well. 

Solo 1000 and N310 are 2 examples that are used in 45 ACP and 32 S&W Long that can have some impact point affect but little to none if precautions are taken to compensate and if appropriate sight/scope adjustments are made.

During the recent East Coast cold spell, I was shooting outside at my club this past week when the temperature was in single digits with a wind chill to drop the temperature further that certainly made it less than balmy.  My Marvel conversion had no problems at all with CMP Eley, Club, 711B, Norma Extra, Aquila Super Extra, and CCI SV (Plastic case).  My Pardini SP and FWB AW-93 worked fine as well.

Having nary a problem was a result of keeping all ammo warm in inner pockets as well as the 6 mags and using Rem Oil for lubrication instead of the heavier weight oil normally used.  The use of hand warmers in my shooting bag with the guns certainly helped.

As PardiniUSA suggested, trying different ammo brands may be sufficient (in decent temperatures).  Taking actions to compensate for extreme weather will most likely be sufficient as well.

The shooting venue will have an impact as well.  We have several indoor ranges in the Northern Virginia metro area including the NRA Range.  All are nice and toasty.  Arriving earlier enough to "thaw out" equipment takes care of temperature related issues.  If such ranges are not available, then perhaps waiting until warm weather returns might be the solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2