Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems at Marvel?

+4
Amati
Magnusbullets
zanemoseley
RustyJoints
8 posters

Go down

Problems at Marvel? Empty Problems at Marvel?

Post by RustyJoints 2/2/2018, 10:04 am

Has anyone been able to contact Marvel Precision by phone lately?
I have been trying all week using the phone number on their website and just keep getting a full mail box message.
Just wondering if anything is wrong
RustyJoints
RustyJoints

Back to top Go down

Problems at Marvel? Empty Re: Problems at Marvel?

Post by zanemoseley 2/2/2018, 11:33 am

Well I recently had to send back a new Marvel conversion for warranty due to excessive lead shaving and jamming. I do know Dennis had surgery (I think late Summer or Fall) and at least for some stretch of time afterward was working half days while recovering, I'm not sure if he's back to full time work yet or not. Their response time via phone or email is much slower than I would have liked. I finally got my conversion to them and back but it took a decent chunk of time. I wasn't very impressed with their service when compared to other companies like Nelson.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnusbullets 2/2/2018, 12:30 pm

Mat have been at the shot show

Magnusbullets

http://www.magnusbullets.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 2/2/2018, 12:40 pm

Spoke to Dennis about two weeks ago. He spends his time at the manufacturing site which has a different telephone. I'll post it if I can find it.
All is well and he has inventory to ship immediately, none of that wait and see.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by BEA 2/2/2018, 5:15 pm

I think that Dennis gives a secondary number to his shop if you listen to the first message all the way through.

BEA

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyJoints 2/2/2018, 5:23 pm

Just tried it again.
No room in mail box to leave a message. Goodbye.
RustyJoints
RustyJoints

Back to top Go down

Post by Russ OR 2/2/2018, 9:18 pm

Zane mentioned excessive Marvel lead shaving and jamming. It might be the magazines. My old Marvel did the same thing.

I experimented:
With the stock steel magazine, I quickly slide cycled 5 rounds thru the conversion. They all chambered, but looking at them afterwards they were really beat up  - lead shaved off - it was bad.

I repeated with a Kimber polymer conversion magazine-cycled the 5 rounds thru it. Looking at them afterward I almost couldn't tell them from new ammo.
Slight problem with the Kimber mag: the rounds would not reliably rise in the magazine- most likely due to the staggered rounds in the mag.

Later I tried the Marvel with AA conversion mags. The 5 rounds cycled thru with very slight (normal?) damage to the bullets. However the AA magazines stagger the rounds less & they had no problem rising in the mag. I use AA conversion mags exclusively now in the conversions (Marvel & AA).  

2¢ - YMMV

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 2/2/2018, 9:38 pm

I've been using the Jaggeman plastic mags Dennis is using now. Since returning from warranty I've run about 400 rounds with no jams on the lower edge of the chamber like before but I'm still getting fair sized chunks of shaved lead on my shooting mat, not as bad as before warranty work but some. Not trying to play favorites or badmouth anyone but if I were to buy again I'd get a second Nelson.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 2/2/2018, 10:33 pm

RustyJoints wrote:Has anyone been able to contact Marvel Precision by phone lately?
I have been trying all week using the phone number on their website and just keep getting a full mail box message.
Just wondering if anything is wrong
Sounds like you are getting the marvel experience

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/2/2018, 10:39 pm

Colt type steel mags are the best. They are the only one's that control feeding of the cartridge tip. Perfect feeding with no lead shavings. Years ago I had warranty work done on conversion and it took 3 months. I love my Marvels!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 2/10/2018, 10:28 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Colt type steel mags are the best.....I love my Marvels!
Jon
Good to know on both counts and high praise from one who knows.

Thank you Jon, you just made up my mind for me. The only question I have is which unit to order, the aluminum or the steel lockback. The difference is $200.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyJoints 2/11/2018, 5:33 am

Well I was finally able to get through to Dennis. He was able to take care of my problem quickly and I feel in a fair manner.
I forgot to ask about why the phones were jammed up but I am glad Marvel is still in operation.
RustyJoints
RustyJoints

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down