Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter - Page 2 Empty Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter

Post by Ropate 3/11/2018, 7:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've seen this topic before on this forum but am trying to understand the tuning technique. Perhaps some of your have seen on the old Clark Customs, two hex screws on the rear sight just behind the ejection port.

I was told by Logan Clark to "turn rear screw until there's some resistance. Rack slide so it’s forward and turn front screw until barrel doesn’t move. Then turn ¼ turn back and it’s tuned."

Sounds pretty straight forward but the slide seems to move whether the front screw is tight or not. I don't see it effecting movement.

The gun seems to shoot quite accurately, at least at 25 yards, whether the sight is tuned or not.

I'm thinking of dispensing with the stock sight and putting a red dot on it. I'd add an adapter on the GI cut on the slide. I don't want to drill on the slide and adulterate it anymore than I have to.

Ropate

Back to top Go down

Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter

Post by Ropate 3/14/2018, 2:43 pm

Aloha Dave,

Yes, I'm in Honolulu.  As a matter of fact I know Ed fairly well, he doesn't live that far from me, and he has worked on my guns before. 

I called him today--have been trying to reach him.  I asked about the issue I'm having.  He wasn't quite sure what I was describing but he said he'd take a look at it for me. 

Nice guy. Getting old like the rest of us. He's got some health issues, he had surgery a few years ago, and care giving for his wife who's not in good shape.

I'll bring the gun by and have him take a look at it if I can "undistract" him.

mahalo!

Rob

Ropate

Back to top Go down

Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter

Post by fc60 3/14/2018, 6:28 pm

Greetings Rob,

Found an original Bo-Mar Instruction sheet.

The copy is poor; but, readable.Tuning a Clark Custom Bomar rear sight on 38 wadcutter - Page 2 Tuner_10

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Ropate 3/14/2018, 7:47 pm

Hi Dave,

Wow you hit the Jackpot...or I hit the Jackpot!  What a find. 

Thanks a million...even I should be able to figure this out...

with  warm aloha

Rob

Ropate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2