Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The importance of dry fire practice

4 posters

Go down

The importance of dry fire practice Empty The importance of dry fire practice

Post by Mike38 4/1/2018, 12:44 pm

The other day I was watching You Tube videos, hoping to pick up a tip or two to help me with pistol shooting. This one popped up so I watched it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk-4maiu3hg An International Rapid Fire shooter, Keith Sanderson, was being interviewed, and he touched on dry fire practice. He went on to say that back in 2008 he became ranked number 1 in the world, and he attributed it to dry fire training. He spent 6 months training hard. In those 6 months, he live fired less than 500 rounds. I thought to myself, WHAT, only 500 rounds? Then he went on.  He dry fired 100,000 times! He knew this number was close because he knew how long the battery would last in his electronic trigger. 100,000 dry fire to 500 live fire! So, time for me to get serious about dry fire.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

The importance of dry fire practice Empty Re: The importance of dry fire practice

Post by zanemoseley 4/1/2018, 1:49 pm

Sure hope he didn't raise the gun 100,00 times. My shoulder hurts just thinking about it.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

The importance of dry fire practice Empty Re: The importance of dry fire practice

Post by Orpanaut 4/3/2018, 3:33 pm

That was over 500 dry fire snaps (or clicks, with an electronic trigger) a day, every day, for six months.  

My guess is that his electronic trigger mechanism had the ability to reset without cycling the action.  Otherwise, he was just practicing the first shot of a five shot string.

Orpanaut

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall 4/3/2018, 5:39 pm

Remember the old story:

Young shooter after shooting a bad target:  Damn, I wish I didn't have those shots in the white.

Old shooter:  Do you dry fire?

Young shooter:  I hate, hate dry firing!

Old shooter:  Do you like losing better?
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down