Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire

+16
PhotoEscape
paul noles
gregbenner
BHeintz
Allgoodhits
JKR
Chris Miceli
LenV
mikemyers
jglenn21
MarkOue
Tim:H11
willnewton
Jon Eulette
zanemoseley
10sandxs
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire Empty Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire

Post by 10sandxs 6/23/2018, 1:55 pm

Well, in the never ending search for an ultradot replacement, I can Eleminate the vortex crossfire.  Yes, Im left handed, but my jerk isn't quite this bad
Attachments
Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire Attachment
2018-06-23 14.05.31.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(55 Kb) Downloaded 57 times

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire Empty Re: Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire

Post by zanemoseley 6/23/2018, 2:47 pm

If you can hold the weight get a 9000sc.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire Empty Re: Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire

Post by 10sandxs 6/23/2018, 4:50 pm

Tried the 9000 sc, dot was horrible and only had about 3 usable settings due to the night vision crap at low sething and starburst at his her settings. Has that changed?

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 6/23/2018, 4:54 pm

9000 wasn’t a night vision adapted optic. Pretty straight forward; turn on to desired setting.....pull trigger;)
I love mine
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 6/23/2018, 5:25 pm

Did you try a 2 or 4 MOA Aimpoint?

I have both and the dot on the 4 is better looking to me and definitely does not star out as bad as the 2 on higher settings.

I always think they reason they tell you to leave the Aimpint on and not turn it off is because the 2 MOA dot looks better once the battery has run about six months. Smile
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 6/23/2018, 6:12 pm

Old "Oakshore Electronics" Ultradot sights are what I use. I love em. Better than current production Ultradot in my opinion. Or at least they are my preference in comparison to a new Ultradot model.

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 6/24/2018, 9:40 am

Jon Eulette wrote:9000 wasn’t a night vision adapted optic. Pretty straight forward; turn on to desired setting.....pull trigger;)
I love mine
Jon
Perhaps not night vision, but the first four dots on the one i got were so dim I could hardly see them, even indoors. The jump from four to five was dim to whoa, I need sunglasses and the starburst got pretty bad from there.

is this what others see in the 9000?

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 6/24/2018, 9:58 am

Anyone tried the aimpoint AOC? Looks like a 9000 without a back tube and only one big ring mounting point. It's almost an ounce lighter, an inch and a half shorter, and 10% less expensive...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkOue 6/24/2018, 10:19 am

Not an AOC but I shoot a 9000 and an H1.  The 9000 is great albeit a bit heavy.  I believe AMU shoots these.  So far the H1 is great.  Neither is inexpensive but neither is shooting thousands of rounds per year, NRA entry fees, gas to and from, and lodging for matches.

MarkOue

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 6/24/2018, 5:31 pm

My 9000Sc is very dim on the 1st three settings but just fine after that.. Dot is fine on mine (4moa). all 2 moa dots look like a star burst to me.

love me some 9000
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 6/24/2018, 5:32 pm

hey Vortex stands by their warranty so send her in and probably get a new one

May have just been a bad one
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/24/2018, 5:47 pm

On my 2moa 9000sc only the top 3 brightness setting are usable. At first I wasn't very excited about this but I find that the next to the top setting is near perfect all the time. If its super sunny I use the top setting and if its dusk I can use the dimmest of the 3.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 6/24/2018, 7:02 pm

The Aimpoint H-1 that I bought is the nicest red dot sight I've ever looked through.  One of the people on this forum I respect the most gave me some reasons to avoid the Ultradot.  I still have one Matchdot II, as well as the Aimpoint H-1 (2 MOA) sight.

I'm surprised people above are suggesting the 4 MOA might be preferable to the 2 MOA.  I thought it was the other way around?

My Salyer has the H-1.  I'm thinking of buying an H-2 for my Model 41, as the weight is so much less, it has a better picture, and I've never found anyone making complaints about it.  On the 41, I'm still debating if I need the Kodiak mount....
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 6/24/2018, 8:30 pm

Some confusion about the 9000sc. The 9000sc comes in 2 models 9000sc and 9000sc-NV. You also have the option of 2 or 4 moa. I have the NV model and the first three settings might as well not be there. They are for use with Night Vision Devices. I prefer the 7000sc. A little lighter and has no NV compatible settings. I recently purchased 3 of the 7000 series on Ebay so I know they can be got. Average price was around 200.00. You can buy 3 of them for the price of an H2 (close anyhow)

You can use this site for all Aimpoint info. 

https://us.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-9000sc-nv/
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 6/25/2018, 7:24 am

jglenn21 wrote:hey Vortex stands by their warranty so send her in and probably get a new one

May have just been a bad one
They do. I've got an email in to them and am expecting an rma and eventually a new sight, which will be sold allong with my newly replaced holosun to fund an aimpoint... just not sure which one...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 6/25/2018, 7:53 am

10sandxs wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:9000 wasn’t a night vision adapted optic. Pretty straight forward; turn on to desired setting.....pull trigger;)
I love mine
Jon
Perhaps not night vision, but the first four dots on the one i got were so dim I could hardly see them, even indoors. The jump from four to five was dim to whoa, I need sunglasses and the starburst got pretty bad from there.

I agree the 9000sc need 3 more light intensity clicks in the middle to full on range.  I am 3-4 from full on light intensity. Most of the time its either too bright or too dim for my liking. Its a 2moa dot. (i recently picked up front and rear shades for the 9000sc so hopefully this helps). The H1/H2 has more usable light intensity.  As for optics nothing is out there that is perfect. Ultradot 1" and 30mm" would be the best bullseye optics if they were built as well as aimpoints.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 6/25/2018, 10:23 am

This may help; if you order from https://bigtexoutdoors.com you will receive a $106 discount, bringing the price (without mount) down to $603.  You need to use discount code "AIMPOINT ARTICLE" to get the discount.  Not sure of the price with mount, but you should consider KC's Kodiak mount.

I did read the article - very informative.

Hope this helps.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 6/25/2018, 12:14 pm

Rob,

After an UltraDot crash last year at Perry, I bought a Sightron S30-5. I seriously like this sight and recently bought another for my 22. So far I have a bit over two thousand rounds on the first one on my slide mounted 45. So far, so good!

They're advertised as a 5 minute dot but that's wrong. The dot is half the size of the UD 4 minute dot. The adjustments are crisp and there's no negative magnification. I'm sure other shooters have tried them but I've not heard much except from Len V who's always a good source to check with about dot sights. 

The Springfield you re barreled for me is performing fabulously! I'll be shooting it at Perry with the Sightron.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 6/25/2018, 12:22 pm

Mike, It is 724.00 with the mount but they are "sold out". I wonder what they go for on the used market?

Rob, Zero problems with my Vortex Crossfire but have it mounted on a 52 so not much recoil.

Have S-30 on a wad gun (45). Works like a champ after 2 years.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/25/2018, 1:10 pm

The Sightron look interesting especially if the dot is closer to 2-3 moa. Might try one on the 38 special Jon is building me.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 6/25/2018, 1:23 pm

… anyone have an user opinion on the UltraDot HD micro ?
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 6/25/2018, 1:29 pm

Sold mine...…..
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 6/25/2018, 2:19 pm

My S30 has been fine for over 2 years... it is a 2moa dot by aimpoint and UD standards..

Have not heard anyone having much luck with the UD micro..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by BHeintz 6/25/2018, 2:42 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
10sandxs wrote:
I love mine
Jon

I agree the 9000sc need 3 more light intensity clicks in the middle to full on range.  I am 3-4 from full on light intensity. Most of the time its either too bright or too dim for my liking. Its a 2moa dot. (i recently picked up front and rear shades for the 9000sc so hopefully this helps). The H1/H2 has more usable light intensity.  As for optics nothing is out there that is perfect. Ultradot 1" and 30mm" would be the best bullseye optics if they were built as well as aimpoints.
I bought and returned a 9000sc for this same reason, mine was a 4moa.

BHeintz

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 6/25/2018, 3:59 pm

LenV wrote:Mike, It is 724.00 with the mount but they are "sold out". I wonder what they go for on the used market?

Rob, Zero problems with my Vortex Crossfire but have it mounted on a 52 so not much recoil.

Have S-30 on a wad gun (45). Works like a champ after 2 years.
Len, I found it while I was in India.  I added it to my shopping cart - total price including everything (but without a mount) was $609.49 including shipping.  I wrote them to put one away for me, which they did.  Maybe I got the last one.  I had doubts that I would actually be able to order it, but it all worked out.  They are very good people.  

Sorry - wish there were more, as it's $100 or so less than Midway's price.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next