Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice Day?

5 posters

Go down

Practice Day? Empty Practice Day?

Post by JKR Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Looking at the NRA calendar, Monday is listed as "practice day". How does this work? Can you just go out and jump in on any empty bench or there a sign up? I'm thinking I wouldn't mind getting rid of a few 7's before the real thing. 

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Practice Day? Empty Re: Practice Day?

Post by Chris Miceli Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:36 pm

I think it’s just the normal pratice range for 5$

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Generally on the 100 range. I believe the routine is $5.00 for a practice match that involves a 10 minute slow fire in which you can fire any number of rounds you want. and then three strings of times and three strings of rapid. You can fire 15 rounds in each if you choose.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:10 am

Here is how practice has been run previously, but everything might change this year.

It is un-squadded open practice. 2 or 3 of the ranges are open for practice starting at 7:30 (probably). They run repeated NMC's. There is no cost. You can take any open position, so you can shoot on your assigned position if it is open. There are no alibis, refires or scoring. I don't remember if it's a normal NMC or 4 TF and 4 RF strings targets like they do on the practice range the rest of the week. I am pretty sure you can shoot more or less than the prescribed number of shots and you can change guns as long as it is done safely, so you can sight in both your 22 and 45 on one 10 minute slow fire target.

Get your targets from the trailers and wait at the ready line. When the previous line is changing targets, the tower will call the next line forward to the 50 yard line. You may have to move to a different position after the first NMC if someone takes the same spot. If someone takes your position you can just move down the line to another position. I have never seen a full line in practice.

They run really slow, painfully slow sometimes. There may be only 3 or 4 NMC's between 7:30 and 11 am. They won't start another line after 11 or so. Practice is only in the morning. Revolver matches are in the afternoon.

See you on the line,
Steve Turner
Illinois

Last edited by SteveT on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Thanks for the insight.
james r chapman