Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to manage transporting all our stuff!

+15
Wes Lorenz
farmboy
Pbmoser1954
james r chapman
LenV
lyman1903
PhotoEscape
jglenn21
Wobbley
Chris Miceli
Multiracer
orpheoet
john bickar
chopper
Tim:H11
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to manage transporting all our stuff!  Empty How to manage transporting all our stuff!

Post by Tim:H11 8/18/2018, 12:09 am

For a 2700 we really only need two guns; our 22, and 45. But when we attend bigger events, we might be carrying as little as five guns; our 22 and 45 for the 2700 (possibly you have a dedicated CF gun?) but also a DR gun, 22 EIC and Service Pistol. And I say as little as because many of us have backup guns as well. 

So between the shooting box, ammunition, many guns, and perhaps a brass catcher.... that’s a lot of stuff to tote to the line. Right now I’m making efforts to consolidate my equipment. My two primary 2700 guns travel in the shooting box and I’d like to see the other three guns and ammunition get tied together in a bag or case of some sort. 

How do you carry all your gear? Cases, bags, etc. what works for you? Share here.

Back to top Go down

How to manage transporting all our stuff!  Empty Re: How to manage transporting all our stuff!

Post by chopper 8/18/2018, 12:25 am

Right now I got all the box I need for outdoor shooting after getting that one from you. I still put the ammo and brass catcher in a canvas tote bag. If you got a long ways to carry your stuff and the terrain ain't to rough, I saw a guy put his equipment and boxes in a fold up wagon at the State Championship last Sunday. It looked like the wagon was made of canvas and had 6" wheels. I always thought a little red wagon would be nice, but you don't see them around and I bet they're a bit pricey unless you find one at a junk shop.

chopper

Back to top Go down

How to manage transporting all our stuff!  Empty Re: How to manage transporting all our stuff!

Post by Tim:H11 8/18/2018, 12:28 am

chopper wrote:Right now I got all the box I need for outdoor shooting after getting that one from you. I still put the ammo and brass catcher in a canvas tote bag. If you got a long ways to carry your stuff and the terrain ain't to rough, I saw a guy put his equipment and boxes in a fold up wagon at the State Championship last Sunday. It looked like the wagon was made of canvas and had 6" wheels. I always thought a little red wagon would be nice, but you don't see them around and I bet they're a bit pricey unless you find one at a junk shop.

I down sized from the four gun box because I wasn’t always needing to carry all the other guns with me and the four gun box got heavy. But that’s what I was doing in the beginning. I don’t own a service pistol - I’m borrowing one. So I carried my four guns in the four gun box.

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/18/2018, 12:57 am

Go shoot a high power rifle match and "all will be revealed".
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet 8/18/2018, 1:37 am

I have 2 boxes. A Strong box for the dot guns and an old Pachmayr for the iron sight guns. After the 2700 I take the Strong box to the car and grab the Pachmayr
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 8/18/2018, 6:45 am

orpheoet wrote:I have 2 boxes. A Strong box for the dot guns and an old Pachmayr for the iron sight guns. After the 2700 I take the Strong box to the car and grab the Pachmayr

Yea... what he said.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 8/18/2018, 10:51 am

Keep things you need in gun box. Everything else in a range bag. If you show up with 4 gun boxes,12 guns, 5 bags, and 2 ammo cans....you're carrying too much to a match.

Last edited by Chris Miceli on 8/18/2018, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 8/18/2018, 11:58 am

Ijohn bickar wrote:Go shoot a high power rifle match and "all will be revealed".
Yup..

Pistol shooters have it relatively easy when it comes to humping gear. 

How to manage transporting all our stuff!  50955010
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/18/2018, 12:55 pm

good use of a welding cart...
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 8/18/2018, 12:57 pm

Yeah...... two recycling bins (sometimes one is enough) and dolly... And had to switch from 750 to Tahoe to haul all of it. Smile Add on bonus - saving on gas.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 8/18/2018, 1:49 pm

john bickar wrote:Go shoot a high power rifle match and "all will be revealed".
true words here, 

but HP guys don't traditionally use a box, 

first time I went to Perry I learned how to comfortably carry my stool, stand, scope, mat and rifle from the hut to the ready line,
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 8/18/2018, 2:11 pm

I read the OP and went and took a picture. I spent the morning getting ready to go to the range tomorrow. I have some ammo I want to check out and had moved some dots around. I'm taking 2 in the 3 gun case and 6 in the Plano case. Ammo box is full of 38 special and 45 ammo. I'm taking 4 45s, 3 38s and one .22. It will be a long day. I will have to lug this stuff almost 15' so probably can handle without the dolly barely showing in corner of pic. Very Happy

How to manage transporting all our stuff!  20180813
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/18/2018, 4:38 pm

What? No cooler????

psst, is that a BULLSEYE-L sticker on your gun box!  king
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbmoser1954 8/19/2018, 11:36 am

After I saw my daughters jogging stroller, that gave me a great idea to build a Bullseye cart. So I went on the Letgo app and found used jogging stroller for $35.00.  I removed the seat and the canopy of the stroller. Took some measurements and made myself a removable wooden tray.  Total cost for the whole cart was less than $50.
Attachments
How to manage transporting all our stuff!  Attachment
1315BFB6-3736-4ACB-8EA0-7FD94DEEA40A.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(295 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
Pbmoser1954
Pbmoser1954

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 8/19/2018, 6:44 pm

Pbmoser1954 wrote:After I saw my daughters jogging stroller, that gave me a great idea to build a Bullseye cart. So I went on the Letgo app and found used jogging stroller for $35.00.  I removed the seat and the canopy of the stroller. Took some measurements and made myself a removable wooden tray.  Total cost for the whole cart was less than $50.
How to manage transporting all our stuff!  1248129716
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz 8/26/2018, 3:56 pm

Here's my take on a geezer cart and a place to sit down.
How to manage transporting all our stuff!  Img_0614
How to manage transporting all our stuff!  Img_0613

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by GerhardG 8/27/2018, 11:00 pm

john bickar wrote:Go shoot a high power rifle match and "all will be revealed".
I'll second that advice, Those shoeshine boxes are heavy ;-)

GerhardG

Back to top Go down

Post by DonBrummer 8/30/2018, 10:52 pm

Gardener's carts are popular:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mac-Sports-Collapsible-Folding-Steel-Frame-Garden-Utility-Wagon-Cart-Green/952338715
DonBrummer
DonBrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 8/30/2018, 11:21 pm

I’m surprised that gentlemen BE shooters are admitting to shooting lying on the ground with a rifle. Guess we need more BE matches to prevent this craziness ;p)
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/31/2018, 10:28 am

Lying on the ground ain't the problem.. Laughing
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 8/31/2018, 10:55 am

Well I’ve solved a little bit of my problem. In another thread I was trying to combine my ammo can and brass catcher into one unit. I did so and after field testing found my chosen modifications proved useful. I also switched to a slightly smaller box, limiting what guns I carry, and limiting what other items I carry along inside. 

Right now I can shoulder the box, and carry the ammo can/brass catcher in another hand. If I need to tote along a chair I can carry the box by the handle and shoulder strap the folding chair or shoulder strap the box and carry the chair. Either way I now can carry guns ammo, brass catcher and a chair to the line and I’m not running back to the truck for anything. 

I’ve never been to Perry so perhaps a cart would be best for the camp Perry scinario where longer walks and carrying targets are involved too. But for now, the smaller matches I’ve been going to, I think I’ve got it consolidated to about where it’s comfortable. 

I like all the cart ideas. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/31/2018, 12:01 pm

jglenn21 wrote:Lying on the ground ain't the problem.. Laughing

Sez you.

Prone hurts!
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/31/2018, 12:04 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:I’m surprised that gentlemen BE shooters are admitting to shooting lying on the ground with a rifle. Guess we need more BE matches to prevent this craziness ;p)
Jon

More than once I have found myself lying on the ground in the sun in a cow pasture in the Central Valley, wearing a quilted black leather jacket in 105° heat, wondering, "Why am I doing this?"
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt444 8/31/2018, 8:07 pm

john bickar wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:I’m surprised that gentlemen BE shooters are admitting to shooting lying on the ground with a rifle. Guess we need more BE matches to prevent this craziness ;p)
Jon

More than once I have found myself lying on the ground in the sun in a cow pasture in the Central Valley, wearing a quilted black leather jacket in 105° heat, wondering, "Why am I doing this?"

Me too, after some red army ants decided to make a snack out of my neck during 300 yd prone rapid fire.  Bullseye shooting is neat, clean and much more sophisticated.
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/31/2018, 8:46 pm

john bickar wrote:
jglenn21 wrote:Lying on the ground ain't the problem.. Laughing

Sez you.

Prone hurts!

Getting up is the problem  lol!
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next