Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses

5 posters

Go down

Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Empty Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses

Post by PhotoEscape 8/26/2018, 12:27 pm

I wonder is there is interest in using funnels designed for Dillon on other presses, including single stage and turret presses provided powder drop through capabilities remain?  Pretty much alternative to Lee's powder through dies with expanders.  I also would be interested if there is a interest in adapting such funnels to non-Dillon powder measures.  In short, folks, I'm interested to hear your dreams, learn from you, and ultimately figure out if I can design a better, read it "more accurate" powder measure.  FYI - I already played with adding weights inside of Dillon's powder hoppers, and even introduced vibration to powder measures.  Flake type powders are my pain point!  Extruded ones not far back of that.  Look forward to feedback and ideas!!
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Empty Re: Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses

Post by Wes Lorenz 8/26/2018, 2:35 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:I wonder is there is interest in using funnels designed for Dillon on other presses, including single stage and turret presses provided powder drop through capabilities remain?  Pretty much alternative to Lee's powder through dies with expanders.  I also would be interested if there is a interest in adapting such funnels to non-Dillon powder measures.  In short, folks, I'm interested to hear your dreams, learn from you, and ultimately figure out if I can design a better, read it "more accurate" powder measure.  FYI - I already played with adding weights inside of Dillon's powder hoppers, and even introduced vibration to powder measures.  Flake type powders are my pain point!  Extruded ones not far back of that.  Look forward to feedback and ideas!!
AP
One of the more interesting powder measures out there. Anyone have experience with one?
https://www.quick-measure.com/

Here's what I have been working on lately. Idea is to make my 1050 PM work like the ones on my Star's. The slotted set screws, fore & aft, are ball plungers and vibrate the powder measure, via the flat head c'sunk screws, as the powder bar moves back and forth (like a Star). May give the 32acp loaded on Dillon's a chance to be consistent. Feel free to copy, improve and market. Smile
Wes
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_0612
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_0610
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_0611

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Empty Re: Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses

Post by Chris Miceli 8/26/2018, 2:43 pm

Wes Lorenz wrote:
PhotoEscape wrote:I wonder is there is interest in using funnels designed for Dillon on other presses, including single stage and turret presses provided powder drop through capabilities remain?  Pretty much alternative to Lee's powder through dies with expanders.  I also would be interested if there is a interest in adapting such funnels to non-Dillon powder measures.  In short, folks, I'm interested to hear your dreams, learn from you, and ultimately figure out if I can design a better, read it "more accurate" powder measure.  FYI - I already played with adding weights inside of Dillon's powder hoppers, and even introduced vibration to powder measures.  Flake type powders are my pain point!  Extruded ones not far back of that.  Look forward to feedback and ideas!!
AP
One of the more interesting powder measures out there. Anyone have experience with one?
https://www.quick-measure.com/

Here's what I have been working on lately. Idea is to make my 1050 PM work like the ones on my Star's. The slotted set screws, fore & aft, are ball plungers and vibrate the powder measure, via the flat head c'sunk screws, as the powder bar moves back and forth (like a Star). May give the 32acp loaded on Dillon's a chance to be consistent. Feel free to copy, improve and market. Smile
Wes
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_0612
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_0610
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_0611
most intense thing i've seen in my entire life.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 8/26/2018, 3:23 pm

Chris,
Have you tried loading anything with Unique on Dillon?  I mean, without manually weighting every charge. 

Well, my design is probably as intense as Wes', but probably self explanatory.

AP

Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_3711
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_3710
Using Funnels for Dillon on other presses Img_3712
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuJudge 8/27/2018, 1:35 pm

I already bought two of your funnels for a Dillon in .32. I would be really interested in funnels forLee measures also, especially for oversize 9mm, .38 WC , and .45.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 8/27/2018, 2:50 pm

Expanders/funnels for Hornady LnL and RCBS w/ case activation.  I can send a RCBS powder-thru-expander if you need one
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 8/27/2018, 9:46 pm

Sorry, I'm somewhat confused with last two postings.  Firstly - unfortunately I don't use Lee powder measures, and don't have any designs for such.  I do have funnels for Hornady LNL, - designed and manufactured these per request from Mr. Bulletfeeder - Rick Koskela.  I don't know if those for Hornady compatible with RCBS or Lee.  I have them posted on eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/283088140516.  These also can be purchased from Uniquetek - https://www.ebay.com/itm/283088140516,  Mr. Bulletfeeder - http://www.mrbulletfeeder.com/buy-now/ (you'll need to call to place order), or their resellers.  You also can order directly from me (NuJudge, - I appreciate your prior purchase, and especially payment arrangement!!) - please contact me.  Secondly - I started this post to figure out if there's interest in using existing Dillon designs on other platforms.  Yes, I probably can design platform specific expanders.  However manufacturing such isn't economically justifiable unless there is noticeable demand.
Anyway, as I stated, I'm confused...Please clarify.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down