Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chance to meet best RF athlete in Canada and maybe buy his MG2E

5 posters

Go down

Chance to meet best RF athlete in Canada and maybe buy his MG2E Empty Chance to meet best RF athlete in Canada and maybe buy his MG2E

Post by Slartybartfast Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:13 am

Came across an ad for an MG2E and messaged the seller to find out a little about the gun, why they're selling, and where they're located.
Turns out gun is near new, selling because seller is leaving competition, and they've been Canada's top ISSF rapid fire athlete since 1996. The real kicker? They live in the same city as me.
His asking price seems a little steep, but not easy to see an MG pistol nor have the chance to meet a serious and successful sportsman.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Chance to meet best RF athlete in Canada and maybe buy his MG2E Empty Re: Chance to meet best RF athlete in Canada and maybe buy his MG2E

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am

MG rapid fire has lightened slide and different barrel weight/shroud. I would recommend standard MG2
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Chance to meet best RF athlete in Canada and maybe buy his MG2E Empty Re: Chance to meet best RF athlete in Canada and maybe buy his MG2E

Post by Slartybartfast Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am

Jon Eulette wrote:MG rapid fire has lightened slide and different barrel weight/shroud. I would recommend standard MG2
Jon

I know there are those differences, and I'll certainly ask the seller.
As he's Canadian champion I'm sure he's got some good advice for me.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:39 pm

I might also confirm that a replactrigger unit would be available if needed. There have been changes/upgrades to some MG2 models over the years.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:03 pm

gregbenner wrote:I might also confirm that a replactrigger unit would be available if needed. There have been changes/upgrades to some MG2 models over the years.
I've followed the MG saga. and the only other owner I've seen with one did say his was a Frankenstein of different revisions.

I'll certainly be asking about serial number and revisions.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

I know you’ve mentioned the Match Gun before, and far be it from me to try to talk someone out of something,  but be aware your buying a pistol that might be very difficult to keep running well if at all. 
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by desben Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Slartybartfast wrote: they've been Canada's top ISSF rapid fire athlete since 1996.

Are we talking about Metodi here? I've seen him in action shooting rapid fire and I must say I was very impressed. Olympic rapid fire is something I've only tried twice and it was very humbling, especially the 4-second. For him to shoot five 10s at that speed must have taken a lot of practice.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 am

Jon Math wrote:I know you’ve mentioned the Match Gun before, and far be it from me to try to talk someone out of something,  but be aware your buying a pistol that might be very difficult to keep running well if at all. 

Just FYI, I have two Matchguns, an MG2 and an MG4. Both recent versions, and both run very well. My ‘concern”  about the electronic trigger comes from some interest I had in a used Pardini with one, and resulting conclusions.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:06 am

gregbenner wrote:
Jon Math wrote:I know you’ve mentioned the Match Gun before, and far be it from me to try to talk someone out of something,  but be aware your buying a pistol that might be very difficult to keep running well if at all. 

Just FYI, I have two Matchguns, an MG2 and an MG4. Both recent versions, and both run very well. My ‘concern”  about the electronic trigger comes from some interest I had in a used Pardini with one, and resulting conclusions.

You are in the US the potential buyer is in Canada. It's not a deal killer, but something for him to to keep in mind, who distributes MG's up there?
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:30 am

Jon Math wrote:

You are in the US the potential buyer is in Canada. It's not a deal killer, but something for him to to keep in mind, who distributes MG's up there?
Who distributes them down there?
Seems like it's not too difficult to get support and parts from the factory.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:56 am

I do not know.  I looked really hard at Match Gun when I started looking for a quality target pistol but decided on a Pardini only because they were predominate with many competitors on my team, and their support is an East Coast based distributor.  For me it was a tossup between a FWB, Pardini and MG; all are great shooters and I ended up deciding all things being equal good aftermarket service was most important.  I shoot aftermarket grips, so for all intents they all felt the same to me, the loading of the MG was kind of complicated but I figured I’d pick it up fast enough.  What has become a concern to me is a recent potential legal issue with magazines in front of the trigger.  My State keeps threatening to consider them assault weapons; if that comes to pass I may be wishing I went with the FWB with it’s magazine in the grip configuration.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am

Kommifornia has Olympic Exemption Roster.......so the Assault Pistols are legal and exempt and can still be purchased. Your state might do the same thing.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:20 am

So far we have the same type of list, but anything can quickly change here (usually by the light of the moon, in a back room of the Statehouse, on a weekend).
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down