Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steyr AP air supply?

+3
jglenn21
Wobbley
bentrod
7 posters

Go down

Steyr AP air supply? Empty Steyr AP air supply?

Post by bentrod 11/27/2018, 4:50 pm

I am shooting an Izzy 46 AP now, and I really like shooting at home, so now  I am thinking of an LP 50 for bullseye TF and RF practice.Those of you shooting an AP, specifically the LP 50 or similar, how do you charge your cylinders. How many shots per canister; do you use a larger transfer tank  filled at a scuba shop or a pump of some sort? 

I have been researching this and it seems like a whole new way to open up a can of worms.

Thanks,

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Steyr AP air supply? Empty Re: Steyr AP air supply?

Post by Wobbley 11/27/2018, 5:47 pm

Well, I just sent a scuba tank in for re-certification.  So I’ll be using that.  

From a you tube video the air cylinder is good for about a hundred shots.

https://youtu.be/VqIEzXvzXDM
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 11/27/2018, 6:15 pm

Scuba tank all day every day.. Get your self a Luxfer 80 cu ft. aluminum tank as long as you have dive shops locally. hand pumps work but they are work. think I pay $10 to get the tank filled.  do check around with your dive shops to be sure they will fill a non diving tank( paint ball guns is what they know outside of scuba)

the 80 is the most common tank and generally the best bargain.  Most will be 3000PSI( 200 BAR). Luxfer was the originator of the aluminum scuba tanks maybe 50 years ago.. my tank easily lasts all year shooting a couple of times a month. Tanks have to be hydroed every 5 years. the tank will be marked with it's date of last testing. even new ones will have a Hydro date.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by shaky452 11/27/2018, 10:03 pm

I charge my cylinders with an 80 cu. ft. SCUBA tank that the dive shop fills to 3000 psi. When the SCUBA tank is freshly filled, it fills my cylinders to the 200 Bar mark. I shoot the cylinders until they are approximately at the 60 Bar mark. With my LP 50, that is around 120 shots. After several months of use, the Scuba tank fills the cylinders to about 175 Bar or so and I still get about 100 shots per cylinder. I usually shoot several times a week, and when I do I typically shoot 100 shots or more. Lately I've been shooting 120 per session. It actually doesn't take much time when practicing RF. Even at this rate, the SCUBA tank lasts for months between refills.
So far, I have over 63,000 pellets through my gun.

shaky452

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkS 11/28/2018, 5:27 am

I too have a LP50. Everything stated above is consistent with mt experience on what to use (scuba tank), how long the cylinder will last, etc. Simple, easy process with a scuba tank.

MarkS

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 11/28/2018, 6:24 am

I have the Hill Mk 4 hand pump with an air dryer.  It works well, of course there is physical effort vs. a tank.  It can be some effort to pump as the pressure builds.  You definitely have to get the correct technique of allowing your body weight to push down on the plunger. It is very well built.

If I shot my LP50 a lot, I would get a tank.  I just end up shooting my IZH-46 most of the time.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 11/28/2018, 8:25 am

Here's the info, right from the horse's mouth: http://www.pilkguns.com/scubasafety-shtml/
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Steyr AP air supply? Empty Great information

Post by bentrod 11/29/2018, 5:01 pm

Thanks all.

I don't have any further questions, I am completely satisfied with what I received so far to be able to set up everything as needed.

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down