Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another GOOD MAN, GREAT TEACHER and EXCELLENT SHOOTER LEFT THE RANGE.

+2
zanemoseley
PhotoEscape
6 posters

Go down

Another GOOD MAN, GREAT TEACHER and EXCELLENT SHOOTER LEFT THE RANGE. Empty Another GOOD MAN, GREAT TEACHER and EXCELLENT SHOOTER LEFT THE RANGE.

Post by PhotoEscape Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:22 pm

I don't know if many of you are familiar with Project Appleseed.  Those who interested can learn at - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Appleseed.  I became involved with it several years ago, and it touched me deeply.  Appleseed Clinics isn't just another CMP, but also excursion into history and heritage of this country.   Rich Pistolese, Dr. Rich as he was know to all of us in the program, was instrumental for me becoming instructor at the program and going through the levels.  Like his my main objective is working with kids of all ages (my granddaughter attended her first Appleseed at the age of eight!) teaching them traditional marksmanship and as well helping in learning how this country became a NATION, The People!  With great sadness and pain I share with you that Dr. Rich suffered a heart attack last night, and passed soon after at the age 52! 

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Another GOOD MAN, GREAT TEACHER and EXCELLENT SHOOTER LEFT THE RANGE. Empty Re: Another GOOD MAN, GREAT TEACHER and EXCELLENT SHOOTER LEFT THE RANGE.

Post by zanemoseley Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:36 pm

52 is WAY too young. While I've never shot an appleseed event I've heard great things, if we could all only contribute a fraction to marksmanship as he did the shooting community would be even more amazing.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Another GOOD MAN, GREAT TEACHER and EXCELLENT SHOOTER LEFT THE RANGE. Empty Re: Another GOOD MAN, GREAT TEACHER and EXCELLENT SHOOTER LEFT THE RANGE.

Post by john bickar Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:54 am

Sorry to hear that. I did not know him, but I agree that 52 is way too young.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:34 am

Sorry to hear this, RIP Dr. Rich.

I completely agree about Appleseed both as a great program to learn rifle basics AND it connects you with our heritage - deeply.  It's a great program with a great format!  I have recommended and brought many new shooters to an Appleseed clinic (including my son-in-law and grandson).  I went to learn rifle basics and got my rifleman patch at that first clinic.  It sparked a fire in me for competitive shooting.  I jumped into High Power with both feet until a herniated disc in my neck started to act up I made the switch to Precision Pistol.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:55 am

This is sad news indeed. Our club just hosted our 1st Appleseed event this fall. While i did not participate, as an officer of the club, I did go to one of the sessions to observe. It is an unique event. I thought it was very well done for all the reasons mentioned above.  The session I observed had participants ranging from very senior citizen to young kids. Whole families were participating,  It was very well attended(max capacity) even though the weather was not the best. 

My biggest impression from my observation was how much participants seemed to be having fun and enjoying themselves.  There were a lot of smiles and laughs.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:13 am

+1 on Appleseed.  Got my Riflesman's patch.  They teach you how to be a Rifleman, but more importantly, why.  I was fortunate enough to work with Fred at the Ramseur, NC location (where it all started).  This clinic teaches/reinforces what is our American Heritage and why we should be proud of it.  The people running it are top notch.
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down