Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precision Shooting Matches Software

3 posters

Go down

Precision Shooting Matches Software Empty Precision Shooting Matches Software

Post by Founder 2/15/2019, 5:45 pm

While I previously posted that NRA is in the process of rolling out a new software solution to address google searchable match listings, shooter profiles and tools for match directors, I wanted to point out that a competitor, Richard Bogath created software that does all that plus fantastic stats and record tracking tools for competitors that is running right now! I would like all of you to check out. I discussed the PSM software with Cole and he did not dismiss the possibility of working with them if the NRA product fails to launch.

The Precision Shooting Matches software is the bar that we should expect the NRA to attain by their February roll out date.

If the NRA product isn't running by the end of February, we should all let the NRA know what we like about the Precision Shooting Matches software and encourage NRA to partner with the Precision Shooting Matches developer.

Have a look at Richard's profile to get an impression of the features that Precision Shooting Matches already offers...or better yet....set up a profile of your own to try it out! If NRA's product isn't ready by March, ask your match director to give it a try. You can't go wrong:

https://precisionshootingmatches.com/profile/?userid=1&fbclid=IwAR2YRkLkzqG3C60FxqwJWTi1EznDzaKAG7WSjV8CC-jgz2wI94STW4t_vNM
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Precision Shooting Matches Software Empty Re: Precision Shooting Matches Software

Post by TonyH 2/15/2019, 6:58 pm

Precision Shooting Matches Software 3064385617
I have been using PSM this winter season to record our indoor program and will agree that it is absolutely first rate!!
Richard is always VERY responsive to any issues that pop up and wide open to any and all suggestions for improvements. Can’t say enough and hope that all of you will help support his website. It can quickly become a one stop shop for all things BE and really help promote the sport.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Precision Shooting Matches Software Empty Re: Precision Shooting Matches Software

Post by Slartybartfast 2/18/2019, 9:10 am

Biggest problem with all national organisations. I'm not ragging just on the NRA. In Canada we have provincial and national sports organisations and three national gun lobby groups. All seem to operate as if they're the only one in existence.

They seem incapable of cooperating amongst themselves or bringing in outside expertise. Or working to be a repository of standards.

NSSF/NRA/CMP can't even cooperate on a list of shooting ranges. Nor can any of the groups here in Canada.

But in the same way, many of the people creating websites and competition software aren't exactly being cooperative either. 

IMO front ends, how to access and interact with the data, should be the realm of competition and multiple developers. The back end, record keeping and data, should be standard and influenced by the national organisations.

The NRA list of matches is pathetic compared to PSM. A PDF you have to download, and then search through manually.

Last edited by Slartybartfast on 2/18/2019, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was an idiot and didn't look fully at the PDF from the NRA site.)
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down