Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30mm rings

4 posters

Go down

30mm rings Empty 30mm rings

Post by inthebeech Fri May 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Lightest and lowest 30mm rings ???
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

30mm rings Empty Re: 30mm rings

Post by zanemoseley Fri May 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Take a read, I advise you get rings with a steel stud for the cross bolt, I don't trust a lot of the rings with a steel cross bolt going into aluminum threads.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t9710-got-a-new-favorite-pair-of-rings-for-the-9000sc?highlight=favorite+rings

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech Sat May 04, 2019 7:33 am

Yes, definitely need steel stud.  I had a really slick mount plate made by EGW for my Deltapoint that drifted in to my Gold Cup dovetail.  It was all aluminum and with a calibrated torque wrench set UNDER the recommended value, I still stripped one of the threaded holes.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sat May 04, 2019 8:59 am

I bought some B-Square rings that DA/SA suggested from cdnsports for $4.99. They are low and light and made for the Weaver slots. They are all aluminum and I haven't stripped them out and I used a Fat Wrench torque wrench at the recommended setting (30 inch pounds). Was I lucky, I put them on 3 of my pistols, and did it completely on cleaned dry threads with no problems. Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere Sat May 04, 2019 9:02 am

chopper wrote:I bought some B-Square rings that DA/SA suggested from cdnsports for $4.99. They are low and light and made for the Weaver slots. They are all aluminum and I haven't stripped them out and I used a Fat Wrench torque wrench at the recommended setting (30 inch pounds). Was I lucky, I put them on 3 of my pistols, and did it completely on cleaned dry threads with no problems. Stan

I have them and they work like a champ. No issues.

I think that these are the ones that Ed Masaki recommended.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Sat May 04, 2019 12:28 pm

chopper wrote:I bought some B-Square rings that DA/SA suggested from cdnsports for $4.99. They are low and light and made for the Weaver slots. They are all aluminum and I haven't stripped them out and I used a Fat Wrench torque wrench at the recommended setting (30 inch pounds). Was I lucky, I put them on 3 of my pistols, and did it completely on cleaned dry threads with no problems. Stan

Those are the rings Aimpoint uses for their 9000SC that I had problems with. I stripped one with my Fat Wrench set at 20 inch pounds. 30 inch pounds like you use is very stout for aluminum threads. I doubt the recommend 30 inch pounds, if they do that's bad advice. I would use 15 inch pounds if I were using them again.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Zane, I just used the chart that the Fat Wrench came with, since it said 28-30 for a 8-32 screw threads that's what my final torque setting was. I also started at 10, then 20, and then 30. I also grip the wrench at a right angle to the wrench barrel and not over the top like I was using a screwdriver. I don't know if all that makes a difference.
  If I were to torque them at a lighter setting I would definitely use some blue thread locktite. I do like this style of rings better than the 2 screw rings that came with my Matchdots. Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down