Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry?

3 posters

Go down

Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry? Empty Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry?

Post by noalibis.mary Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 pm

If anyone knows a JUNIOR firing 3-gun planning to come to Camp Perry for the individual matches, but who has not found teammates and might like to fire on a Junior team, please contact me off-list ASAP!
Thanks, Mary in NJ

noalibis.mary

https://www.NJPistol.com

Back to top Go down

Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry? Empty Re: Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry?

Post by adminbot1911 Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Mary, my son is 13 and not quite ready for 3-gun but I'd like him to observe since I think it will be more his style than that boring old bullseye stuff (especially if there are other teens doing the competing).  What dates will this event be going on?
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry? Empty Juniors firing at Perry

Post by noalibis.mary Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 pm

We are expecting to bring TWO 4-member TEAMS of .22-ONLY Juniors to Perry this year from NJ, that is in addition to our 4-member 3-gun Junior team!  A total of 15 juniors, ages 13 to 20 (that's a record for NJ Juniors!)

The team matches are fired Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after the individual matches are done for the day (around 3 PM)
Same "old boring bullseye stuff" - team matches are just another 2 NMCs with the "gun of the day",with half the team firing and the other half helping at any given time.
Look for NJ flags and royal blue shirts - we'll be happy to meet you!

noalibis.mary

Back to top Go down

Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry? Empty Re: Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry?

Post by adminbot1911 Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:05 pm

Sorry, what dates, 10-12 July?  I'll be there for PRECISION PISTOL on 13-14 July (Saturday and Sunday).

Last edited by adminbot1911 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For clarity)
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by noalibis.mary Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Yes, NRA team matches are July 10-12...and we will still have lots of our Juniors firing 2-member teams in CMP matches on July 14!!
In fact there is a Junior P100 and Junior NTI in the morning!

noalibis.mary

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Great! We'll look you up, schedule permitting!
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Adminbot1911:

Just reminding everyone the difference between "Bullseye" and CMP matches. 

Strictly speaking the "boring bullseye" stuff is on July 10th through 12th (NRA National Pistol Championship (aka) "Bullseye" prior to change to "Precision Pistol".  900 Aggregate and Teams each day.  June 9th is Preliminary Match (.22 / CF and .45 NMCs fired as a total Match). 

July 13th and 14th are the CMP matches; Small Arms Firing School, EIC, M9/EIC, 22 Rimfire EIC and Glock Match. on the 13th and the "National Pistol Matches" on the 14th.  Not precisely "Bullseye" since there are no classifications, awards for class, etc and not administered by the NRA.  The CMP has its own set of rules and also defers to the NRA Precision Pistol (Bullseye) rules in certain areas (at least for now).  Distances, times and targets are the same for the National Pistol Matches (Presidents, NIT, NTT).  Course of fire is generally National Match Course, with additional SF stage for the President's Match. Other CMP matches (like Glock) are different. 

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Any "stray" Juniors going to Perry? Empty It is not really "boring!"

Post by noalibis.mary Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks for posting details...and before we all get misquoted, NONE of our 15 Juniors (nor their peers who couldn't make the trip to OH this year) think "bullseye stuff" is even remotely boring!!

Our State Association offers great support to our State Teams, including our Junior State Teams.
My original intention in posting was to seek out any juniors who might be going to Camp Perry without support or teammates, with hope to offer an opportunity!

noalibis.mary

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Just in case it wasn't clear, the terms "boring" and "old" were used in jest.  It wouldn't be very wise to spend thousands of dollars on equipment, thousands of hours of practice, and thousands of miles driving to compete in something that was actually boring, would it?  Let alone make a serious assertion on a forum called "bullseyeforum"...

And by "bullseye" I was referencing the dictionary definition of aiming at a series of scored concentric circles.  NRA is Bullseye, CMP is precision X weapon, got it.  When people ask my primary discipline my answer is "bullseye" even though CMP matches take priority over NRA.  Nobody has misunderstood me to this point.  Until I used "boring" in a sentence, that is...

And you can call me Andrew, Adminbot1911 is too formal.

Let's bring this post back into line with its original intent.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down