Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordering Benelli parts from Glockworx Denmark.

+4
TonyH
lakesidemn
Mike38
8 posters

Go down

Ordering Benelli parts from Glockworx Denmark. Empty Ordering Benelli parts from Glockworx Denmark.

Post by Mike38 Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:43 pm

I contacted Glockworx in Denmark for recoil springs and firing pins for my Benelli MP95 in .22 and .32. They're reply was sure, we can sell to the USA, just no magazines exported. I then contacted my Visa card company for currency exchange from US Dollar to Euro. No problem, but there would be a 2% fee for doing it. Just do the web site check out in Euros, and my CC company takes care of the rest. Simple enough! I attempted to place an order on the Glockworx web site. Nope, it kept telling me I was using an invalid address configuration. I tried multiple ways, PO Box, street address, both, but still no luck. I've emailed Glockworx twice asking for help, no replies. So unless someone reading this knows of a work-around, I will not be ordering Benelli parts from them. Any other sources for parts out there?
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Ordering Benelli parts from Glockworx Denmark. Empty Re: Ordering Benelli parts from Glockworx Denmark.

Post by 641 Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:03 am

Mike38-

When completing the address, where it says city I enter- “city, state.”  

I hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Ordering Benelli parts from Glockworx Denmark. Empty Re: Ordering Benelli parts from Glockworx Denmark.

Post by lakesidemn Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Do you know why they can't sell/export mags? Thanks.
lakesidemn
lakesidemn

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:05 am

They can sell/export mags to the US, but only if the importer (you) have an approved Form 6 from the ATF. Magazines are restricted by the NFA. On the EU side they will apply for an export permit (varies by country of export), if they have receipt of your import permit they can mail them to you. Once the package gets to the US, I think it has to be picked up at your closest Port of Entry CBP office. Kind of a PIA but I suppose it can be done. Read all about it in the ATF Guidebook in detail. 
You do not need a FFL dealer to do this, here is how the regulation reads:
"An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting ammunition (excluding armor-piercing, tracer, or incendiary ammunition) and firearm parts (other than frames, receivers, firearm barrels, or barreled actions) without engaging the services of an FFL, provided the items are for personal use and not for resale. Generally, ATF cannot issue a permit authorizing the importation of firearms barrels for nonsporting or surplus military firearms."
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:44 am

TonyH wrote:They can sell/export mags to the US, but only if the importer (you) have an approved Form 6 from the ATF. Magazines are restricted by the NFA. On the EU side they will apply for an export permit (varies by country of export), if they have receipt of your import permit they can mail them to you. Once the package gets to the US, I think it has to be picked up at your closest Port of Entry CBP office. Kind of a PIA but I suppose it can be done. Read all about it in the ATF Guidebook in detail. 
You do not need a FFL dealer to do this, here is how the regulation reads:
"An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting ammunition (excluding armor-piercing, tracer, or incendiary ammunition) and firearm parts (other than frames, receivers, firearm barrels, or barreled actions) without engaging the services of an FFL, provided the items are for personal use and not for resale. Generally, ATF cannot issue a permit authorizing the importation of firearms barrels for nonsporting or surplus military firearms."
It's not the NFA that's the problem.  It's the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 (22 U.S.C. § 2778) and the U.S. Munitions Import List (27 CFR § 447.21).  There's some stupidly over-broad language that should be removed or clarified.  Technically speaking, those laws would also apply to firing pins and springs just as much as magazines, so they're breaking the law either way...they might as well send the mags.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Yup, I got the statutes wrong....and you are correct, the rules apply to all parts imported, not just magazines, so if someone imports small part without a permit, they are technically breaking the law.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Is there a known good source for a Benelli.22 firing pin?
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:50 pm

My most recent query is Topth Inc. in Long Beach California. They are listed as an importer on the Benelli Italy web site. I emailed a Mr. Yang at Topth, and he told me he could import pistol parts from Benelli then resell to me, but Benelli is on a plant shut down for summer holiday, and he will get back with me on led time and costs.

As a side note, Jim Henderson of Cardinal Shooting Center got back with me and said what was formally Larry's Guns will be up and running in Ohio by the end of September.  

Looks like I'm stuck shooting the Ruger in .22 Only matches until I can get these Benelli pistols some much needed parts. That, or sell both Benelli's and get some other make of pistol with some support. Too bad because I just got these pistols figured out and am knocking on the door of Expert. Now I'll have to relearn something else.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkVII Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Leo from glockparts can ship anything to US, but you have to send him a separate email to: info@glockparts.eu. At first when I needed extractor spring I got the same error for one simple reason: the website doesn't understand the US addresses :-)
But hopefully we will be able to get all this staff from Jim Henderson from Ohio soon; he told me that he already sorted out some Larry's staff

MarkVII

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:22 am

MarkVII wrote:
But hopefully we will be able to get all this staff from Jim Henderson from Ohio soon; he told me that he already sorted out some Larry's staff

Benelli parts are now available from Jim at Cardinal. Got my order in my hands just yesterday. It's a touch on the timely side as no web site is available yet. I emailed him the Benelli parts numbers, he packaged them up and emailed me back with price including shipping. USPS him a check, he mails parts. Once they get a web site up and running, it should be smooth transactions. At least now I can start shooting my two Benelli's again.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkVII Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:09 pm

Yey! Good job Jim!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkVII

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm

My understanding is Jim has no Benelli firing pins.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down