Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone ever remove a mount from an AW-93?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone ever remove a mount from an AW-93? Empty Anyone ever remove a mount from an AW-93?

Post by DeweyHales 7/6/2019, 4:00 pm

I’m looking for pointers.

Thank you.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever remove a mount from an AW-93? Empty Re: Anyone ever remove a mount from an AW-93?

Post by SteveT 7/6/2019, 4:49 pm

There are 2 tiny springs and balls (1-2mm) under the sight that are really hard to find if they fall on the desk or floor. If you know they are there, it isn't too bad, they sit in holes in the receiver, so try no to tip the gun over while removing the sight, or do it in a plastic bag or in a tray.

When re-installing, put a little grease on the springs / balls to hold them in place and/or do it in a bag and don't tip the gun. Make sure the cross-pin has started in the opposite hole before tapping on it with a hammer to avoid bending the pin.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever remove a mount from an AW-93? Empty Re: Anyone ever remove a mount from an AW-93?

Post by DeweyHales 7/6/2019, 5:18 pm

Thank you. I’m talking about removing a scope rail mount. I’m hoping to reinstall the irons for the 22eic at Perry.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 7/6/2019, 7:34 pm

Penetrating oil loosened everything. Now, I’m reinstalling the rear sight trying not to lose anything tiny.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 7/6/2019, 11:16 pm

With small/fine stuff work over a towel or thick cloth so if a small part drops it does not bounce, roll or travel far.

(don't ask how I know about this)

The other trick is remembering if an ejected part went boing-bing-bring or bing-broing-tick...
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 7/7/2019, 1:05 am

Ah yes! The SOUND approach to finding wayward parts.  I have used this too.....
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 7/8/2019, 4:00 pm

If there are parts under power, I try to disassemble inside a large plastic bag. That has saved my butt quite a few times.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down