Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomar Rib Question

3 posters

Go down

Bomar Rib Question Empty Bomar Rib Question

Post by mprince Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Hello All

I picked up a Mo-Mar rib last summer as part of a pistol that I bought for parts. I was getting around to putting it onto a pistol and I noticed that the actual sight part seemed to have a bend right where the elevation screw goes through.

Having never seen one before, is the area here supposed to be curved or should it be straight? Is there a reason why someone would have bent this? If it should be straight, how difficult will it be to remove the pin and then straighten it?

Hopefully this makes sense. I have not ever seen one up close and didn't notice this until now.

Thanks

Mark

mprince

Back to top Go down

Bomar Rib Question Empty Re: Bomar Rib Question

Post by kc.crawford.7 Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Mark,

The actual blade of the rear sight should not be bent. Depending on the severity of the bend you may be able to straighten it out. But if you take the blade completely out of the rib you need to be careful putting the pin back in. The pin holding the blade is also what gives tension against the detent for your elevation screw. It's very easy to clip a coil or two off the spring when you're putting the pin back in and you have very soft clicks or no clicks at all any more.

If you have any questions get in touch with me and I'll do what I can to help.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mprince Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 am

Sounds great. Thanks for your help.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:00 pm

At a recent local competition the rear elevation screw flew out of my Bo-Mar rib equipped Clark Custom Heavy Slide, luckily in Slow Fire and with the screw and spring landing on the mat I spread out on the bench. After the second occurrence I realized the elevation screw was too short (the slide was never relieved for the screw) screwed it in for a hasty center hold. Getting the pistol on my workbench afterwards I saw that the rear sight was bent down at the elevation screw hole, probably dropped by the previous owner, and my sub-6 sight adjustment was running out of threads.

I was able to take a Kensight Deep Notch Bo-Mar sight, drive the hinge pin out and swap the sight into the Bo-Mar rib after some draw-filing of the sides of the Kensight sight. The Kensight elevation screw was trimmed for my approximate sight adjustment (sub-6) and was still about four threads longer than the trimmed Bo-Mar screw that came with the pistol.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down