Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield Armory Range Office vs. Loaded (California Compliant) 45 ACP

3 posters

Go down

Springfield Armory Range Office vs. Loaded (California Compliant) 45 ACP Empty Springfield Armory Range Office vs. Loaded (California Compliant) 45 ACP

Post by Al W. Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:48 pm

I see that Springfield is offering a Cali. Compliant "loaded" model in Stainless.
Seems like thats an up graded RO.
Is there some detail of the Cali Compliance that I want to avoid.
I want that target sight and prefer the SS over the Parker finish.
Al W.
Al W.

Back to top Go down

Springfield Armory Range Office vs. Loaded (California Compliant) 45 ACP Empty Re: Springfield Armory Range Office vs. Loaded (California Compliant) 45 ACP

Post by Jon Eulette Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:02 pm

SS is the enemy. Don't go there. It galls.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Springfield Armory Range Office vs. Loaded (California Compliant) 45 ACP Empty Re: Springfield Armory Range Office vs. Loaded (California Compliant) 45 ACP

Post by LenV Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:57 pm

I've never had a SS pistol gall. I have heard horror stories but never seen it. Since my pistols are usually shot dripping oil it will probably never happen. Half inch SS bolts a totally different story. I've got pretty good at snapping them in half to take apart.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:08 am

Len,
Over the years I've seen many. Even loose pistols that galled. The 80's Colts were horrible. I've repaired newer SA pistols also. Maybe it's a California thing lol.
I dont mind SS lower with a Carbon slide.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Al W. Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:39 pm

I have a DW Pointman 9 in SS.
No Galling.
I think of galling as seizing/grabbing .
Are you referring to in inclination to grab that results in loss of material ?
Wouldn't oil be the cure for that , especially in the tolerances we're talking about ?
I tend to run my guns wet on the rails.
Would that not be the solution to the problem ?
Al W.
Al W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down