Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Shooters Diet

+3
huntingnt
Rob Kovach
Bullseyesean
7 posters

Go down

Bullseye Shooters Diet Empty Bullseye Shooters Diet

Post by Bullseyesean Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:42 am

First of all, I would like to Thank You for this website. I was wondering what does everyone eat before they shoot a match? Do you watch what you eat a couple days before a 2700?

Thanks in advance!

Bullseyesean

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Shooters Diet Empty Re: Bullseye Shooters Diet

Post by Rob Kovach Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:30 am

I go up in protien and down in carbs when I want to pay attention to my diet before a match. My local deli has these little "picnic hams" that are small enough to eat in a day. I just cut hunks off whenever I feel like a snack, and I eat all little bit all day to keep the blood sugar stable.

I have since learned that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Having the mind in the right state is more important. I've found that by taking a match so seriously that you are prepping diet and caffiene and all kinds of other worries before a match is far more detrimental than the gains you make in improving your diet---especially at our level.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by huntingnt Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I personally like Lucky Charms topped with unicorn meat.
Seriously I just don't try to eat too much because it seems to bog me down and I need that energy for concentration. The theory goes too that all the blood going to your stomach leaves less available for your eyes.
huntingnt
huntingnt

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:10 pm

we usually have between a 2-5hr drive depending on where we are going and try to stop at a Cracker Barrel on the way. Smokehouse breakfast with bacon, eggs over easy, grits and toast, water to drink Laughing. I also have a bag of raw unsalted almonds to snack on between 22/cf.
Scott
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Its about two hours between breakfast and start of shooting, so I have two eggs, bacon or sausage, grits, a biscuit, and a cup of coffee. Then another cup of coffee while driving to the range. During the 2700 match I usually have a banana and a protein bar (Laurabars are good) mid morning and again mid afternoon. At least three gatorades, morning, at lunch and afternoon. Lunch is usually what they have at the range, a deli sandwich. I try not to get over full, keep hydrated (maybe two more gatorades during the really hot summer months), intake some potasium and protein, no caffinated drinks after the two cups of coffee in the morning.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingshot Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 pm

I used to cycle quite seriously years back and understand what diet can and can't do for your performance. I went to our indoor range yesterday for some rimfire practice and deliberately did so on a half empty stomach and had coffee in the AM and caffeinated soft drinks in the afternoon. My shooting showed me exactly why that this is a BAD idea. On my last match day I ate oatmeal for breakfast, fish for lunch and a big pasta dish 2 hours before the match. I had 1 cup of coffee early in the morning and just water or lemonade during the day. I shot well and I swear, I could see the target better and I was better able to focus mentally. Food for thought, pun intended.
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by lakesidemn Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm normally a Starbucks addict (leaded), but the morning of a match I switch to decaf. Like another person said, I increase protein and decrease carbs for the day. Eggs in the morning, with just a small bowl of fiber enhanced cereal (good carbs) and 1 piece of toast. Turkey sandwich at noon, with hard boiled egg and a small amount of fruit. Water for drinks. Keeps the blood sugar under control and caffeine gitters down.
lakesidemn
lakesidemn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down