Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIRUS and Lock Downs

+3
willnewton
Soupy44
r.tornello
7 posters

Go down

VIRUS and Lock Downs Empty VIRUS and Lock Downs

Post by r.tornello 3/15/2020, 6:53 pm

Even though the range I use is wide open, and they train a lot of police, military and Intel types. The place is packed over 12 hours a day, for the most part. So keeping in line with the stripped down CDC I'm not working (part time at a book store) and staying away from places like that.

I'm 70, in good health, but if you've ever had the flu real bad, it's rough. It can kill you. I'm not going. So what are you all going to do if and when there is a temporary, (until we older ones all die off), lock down or restricted travel.

If you have air guns that might be a solution especially if you don't have private land to go shooting on. I was wondering. I sold my STYER a year or so ago. Now it would be a good time to have it back, but WDF, I don't.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

VIRUS and Lock Downs Empty Re: VIRUS and Lock Downs

Post by Soupy44 3/15/2020, 7:50 pm

I've been thinking that there should be a slew of personal records in the coming months. That is, we'll know who spent their extra time dry firing!

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 3/15/2020, 11:37 pm

Closures and why they matter.

VIRUS and Lock Downs F27a7910
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello 3/16/2020, 6:48 am

I read this in the NYT last week.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello 3/16/2020, 6:58 am

Scientific American had many articles on this subject. And now it's in our face, pardon the pun. I've worked from home for decades as a technical cleared recruiter. I have a gym in the garage. Going out was always a treat. But the habits and discipline help today.

My wife on the other hand, and FSO, goes to the gym which I have always called BUG CENTRAL. She finds it difficult since shes more of a social meeting type.

I feel like getting and NBC suit one for home and one for food shopping.  My car is an EV Bolt so no gas stations. Still no range either. The point being lots of dry shooting. I wonder it THAT makes you go blind?
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 3/16/2020, 7:32 am

r.tornello wrote:Scientific American had many articles on this subject. And now it's in our face, pardon the pun. I've worked from home for decades as a technical cleared recruiter. I have a gym in the garage. Going out was always a treat. But the habits and discipline help today.

My wife on the other hand, and FSO, goes to the gym which I have always called BUG CENTRAL. She finds it difficult since shes more of a social meeting type.

I feel like getting and NBC suit one for home and one for food shopping.  My car is an EV Bolt so no gas stations. Still no range either. The point being lots of dry shooting. I wonder it THAT makes you go blind?
Just do it until you need glasses and you should be okay.   Suspect
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello 3/16/2020, 7:38 am

By rang I was talking about shooting. The Bolt gives me up to 260+ miles easily in local traffic. I have a charger.
I don't have a range!!!

I already wear glasses, maybe  dry fire until I have to talk to my wife in Braille?
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 3/26/2020, 1:53 pm

For an example of how the numbers work out, go to the following web page and scroll down until you find the interactive graph.  You can change the number of days for which we are "locked down", and see how the effects:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/25/opinion/coronavirus-trump-reopen-america.html

The summary below the graph shows how many infections, hospitalizations, and deaths will occur, based on how long we are in "lockdown".

It's very similar to the post by 'willnewton', but it allows people to vary the length of the intervention, and see how the affect that has on the three categories.   

Of course, the hope is that if we slow the infections down enough, our hospitals won't be overwhelmed, and we have more time to create medicines to treat the virus, and a vaccine to end it.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 3/26/2020, 2:19 pm

What State are ranges allowed to be packed!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt 3/26/2020, 10:04 pm

If you live in a state that allows the ranges to be open, take advantage of it while you can. They might not be open for long.

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down