Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

+45
AllAces
James Hensler
Nightshift82
flyer898
lakemurrayman
ssauer2004
watercam
8eightring
Doug Tiedt
zanemoseley
oso
Domino1
Steve B
mustachio
JKR
PhotoEscape
Olde Pilot
orpheoet
willnewton
TonyH
Jon Eulette
john bickar
tray999
DVidrine
oldsalt444
LenV
DA/SA
KB2MBC
Wobbley
Al
spursnguns
chopper
james r chapman
CraigB5940
messenger
PMcfall
Jeff Porter
Bigtrout
Aprilian
dapduh2
David R
Dcforman
John Dervis
STEVE SAMELAK
smsnyder
49 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 2 Empty What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

Post by smsnyder Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thanks

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 2 Empty Re: What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

Post by Jon Eulette Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:56 pm

I will just say twice a pistol saved my life without firing a shot and a knife one time as well. I never leave the house without them.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 2 Empty Re: What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:24 am

+1 John Bickar.

This thread is not a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:56 am

Aprilian wrote:
james r chapman wrote:What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 2 Fa29c710
Is that the latest 18v cordless model?
Heck no!! 24V Magnum!
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:20 am

Folks, there are no documented attacks from slow fire targets that require the need for self defense measures to be taken.  

Even though Jim’s “tool” is pretty neat.  I'm a Dewalt guy myself.

I have mixed feelings about closing this thread as we do allow some off topic threads and tend to only take action when obvious abuse of the general decorum guidelines are violated.  Our rules are somewhat vague to allow flexibility.  It becomes obvious enough when a conversation takes a bad turn and we deal with it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

We have had a couple of posts from folks that think this is not an appropriate topic and I agree.  I do have a CCP, but it would be highly unlikely that I would begin posting on this forum about it.

My concern in this case is that I would hate to see this thread to take a “nonconstructive” turn due to the current environment citizens find themselves in.  We are not here to stoke fears or wade into the politics of concealed carry.  We are here to promote the sport of Bullseye.

I try to be transparent about admin actions that are taken when the situation is not always so cut and dried.  In this case, we have no direct rule abuse or malicious intent, but are raising an interesting question on how far to enforce our rules in a case where the “crime” is an interesting, but off topic post.  Certainly smsnyder did not intend his question to stir up trouble and members have been polite in their replies.

Even though I have my personal opinions on the subject,  I am not comfortable shutting down a conversation where no obvious wrong has occured.

What say you forum members?
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 am

The title could be "Are there CC pistols that make good Bullseye Pistols" or ever the diplomat " Are the any good Bullseye pistols that are also good CC pistols?"
 I am not too worried about letting the world know I have a CC pistol. I've already posted 100s of pictures of my Bullseye pistils. We even have a sticky for it.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:05 am

Sig P220
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:07 am

willnewton wrote:Folks, there are no documented attacks from slow fire targets that require the need for self defense measures to be taken.  

Even though Jim’s “tool” is pretty neat.  I'm a Dewalt guy myself.

I have mixed feelings about closing this thread as we do allow some off topic threads and tend to only take action when obvious abuse of the general decorum guidelines are violated.  Our rules are somewhat vague to allow flexibility.  It becomes obvious enough when a conversation takes a bad turn and we deal with it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

We have had a couple of posts from folks that think this is not an appropriate topic and I agree.  I do have a CCP, but it would be highly unlikely that I would begin posting on this forum about it.

My concern in this case is that I would hate to see this thread to take a “nonconstructive” turn due to the current environment citizens find themselves in.  We are not here to stoke fears or wade into the politics of concealed carry.  We are here to promote the sport of Bullseye.

I try to be transparent about admin actions that are taken when the situation is not always so cut and dried.  In this case, we have no direct rule abuse or malicious intent, but are raising an interesting question on how far to enforce our rules in a case where the “crime” is an interesting, but off topic post.  Certainly smsnyder did not intend his question to stir up trouble and members have been polite in their replies.

Even though I have my personal opinions on the subject,  I am not comfortable shutting down a conversation where no obvious wrong has occured.

What say you forum members?
I see nothing wrong with this post
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:42 am

I am only speaking for myself here.  I was a little surprised the thread was allowed to go this long.  The choice is personal and the need to carry is, more than likely, predicated on where people live.  This is a very serious decision as it involves being ready to make a lethal split-second choice.  No dispersion cast on those who carry.  Just wondering what it has to do with precision pistol shooting.  I apologize if I have offended anyone in this forum.
Dave
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 am

The harder I work at precision pistol shooting the luckier I get at tactical pistol match shooting.
The better I do at tactical pistol match shooting the odds improve that in the unfortunate event I do have to be defensive (again) the better the odds I do that correctly.

Unfortunately I work in an area that has a high rate of violent crime and only need 2 more years to retire & leave .
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:37 am

CC is for other forum(s), not this one.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 am

There are three aspects to this tread as I can think of it.
1. I believe, OP was interested to learn what kind of pistol is suitable for CC, and asked fellow forum member to share information.  Answering this question, - I have slew of suitable guns, but mostly carry G19, G26 and G43.  Often more than one at the time.
2. Is it good idea to have this post on Publicly accessible forum, and specifically on this forum, the one devoted to precision shooting?  I see nothing wrong with both.  On one end this forum is known for members sharing information and advising each other on many issues.  it is not the first topic unrelated to Precision Pistol, and, I'm sure, not the last.  As for public disclosure of one or another member of this forum carrying - that is personal choice.  I'm not concerned that potential foe knows that I carry.  More so, may be it will make he/she think twice before approaching me with ill intentions. 
3. Is carrying pistol concealed (or open) a good idea.  I agree with Bigtrout that it is personal choice, and it must be made in very responsible way.  My personal opinion boils down to well known phrase: "The only alternative to bad guys with guns the more good guys with better guns" (I allowed myself slight alteration of the source Smile ).  I was one of the first in IL to receive permit for civilian to carry, and have no regrets what so ever.  I think, taking to note what is going on in several areas of Chicago, residents should be allowed to carry or at least possess firearms without needing CC or even FOID.  And for that matter many do.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:10 am

When in the woods I carry a single action Ruger in 45 Colt. It’s been used once in attempt to stop a threatening grey squirrel. I tried to miss him but I didn’t quite. Tragic, but all aggression by grey squirrels has stopped in this area!
Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by mustachio Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:44 am

either a Kahr CM9 or a Shield 9mm

Last edited by mustachio on Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
mustachio
mustachio

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 am

I Like the Smith and Wesson airweight 38 and the Ruger LCRX in 38 to carry. Both snub nose revolvers. The pistols are extremely light. The best holster I like is the Urban Carry Leather lock holsters. This holster is comfortable leather and has a lock system that locks the gun in place.  I like to carry revolvers because there is little chance of malfunctions if you need to use it.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am

A 1911 CCO in 38 Super.  357 Mag performance in a slimmer package with more rounds, carried IWB tight to the body.
What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 2 Cco10

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Domino1 Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 am

When I do it is a Glock.

Domino1

Back to top Go down

Post by oso Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Most of the time I carry a Colt Defender lightweight .45acp or a Kahr PM45, once in awhile a Kahr CW 380
oso
oso

https://www.pistolboxpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 pm

Wobbley wrote:What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 2 1c2bcb10
Yes it’s a Taurus, yes it’s a POS.  Why?  Because if you ever ARE involved in a shooting, the police will seize your pistol and it won’t be released until the civil lawsuit is over which will take years.  I’d cry if they took my CZ.

You're gonna cry a lot worse if you pull out the Taurus and it doesn't work. My buddy took the carry class with me and his Taurus LCP clone crapped out on him in the middle of the class. The last thing on my mind with a carry gun is how long it's gonna take to recover it after getting into a shooting, the goal is to live past the shooting.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:12 pm

The ruger lcrx revolver 38 only weight 13 ounces. A pleasure to carry.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 pm

I don't really see anything wrong with this thread, as long as those who post realize this is a public forum, and feel comfortable putting this info out there. Personally, I feel bullseye shooters tend to be more "intelligent" than in the other shooting sports (despite what they may tell you!), and I'm truly curious what everyone's thoughts and reasonings are regarding what they carry and why. Just because I don't carry doesn't mean I won't, and it certainly doesn't mean I think others shouldn't carry. Plus, there's been at least one gun listed that I've never heard of, so that was cool. 

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:43 pm

I carry to protect my toilet paper supply. Lol

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:07 pm

john bickar wrote:Hello, friends!

A reminder that this forum is public, and that there are many people (and robots) on the Internet who are not our friends.

Stay safe and healthy.

+1.  Why would the OP want to know?  Why would you tell someone that you have never met?  I don't believe that the OP
had any malicious intent, but now the information you just volunteered is out there forever.  For anyone living in a free carry
state, you just lost your invisibility.

And finally, how is that relevant to bullseye?

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:10 pm

Taurus G2C
8eightring
8eightring

Back to top Go down

Post by watercam Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 am

Sig 938/Hornady C. Duty 9mm+P or Ruger LCR/Buffalo bore .38 spl. +P 158gr. LHPGC.
Been approached a couple of times, once hand was on my pistol problems walked away. Never drew it.

watercam

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 am

Doug Tiedt wrote:
john bickar wrote:Hello, friends!

A reminder that this forum is public, and that there are many people (and robots) on the Internet who are not our friends.

Stay safe and healthy.

+1.  Why would the OP want to know?  Why would you tell someone that you have never met?  I don't believe that the OP
had any malicious intent, but now the information you just volunteered is out there forever.  For anyone living in a free carry
state, you just lost your invisibility.

And finally, how is that relevant to bullseye?
I don't think the question is out of bounds for this forum at all.  This is a firearm related forum and one member had a firearm related question.  If you thought it was inappropriate, why did you feel the need to click on it and comment?

By the way, I carry a Glock 43, every day.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next