Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aguila Pistol Match available

+5
RGK
jglenn21
chiz1180
lablover
zanemoseley
9 posters

Go down

Aguila Pistol Match available Empty Aguila Pistol Match available

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:15 pm

This vendor seems to have a large inventory at a very good price - NFI:-

https://www.classicfirearms.com/aguila-1b222516-match-competition-pistol-standard-velocity-22-500-brick/

Aguila Pistol Match available Apm10

Back to top Go down

Aguila Pistol Match available Empty Re: Aguila Pistol Match available

Post by zanemoseley Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:18 pm

I may have to try some of this out after my RWS Pistol Match and CCI SV runs out. I usually get CCI for my budget ammo but with all the negative press I may be better off with this.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:57 pm

My Pardini loves it!
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:29 pm

I tried a brick of it, I found it shot well. A bit softer than CCI SV or Agulia super extra.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:55 pm

yes it is softer.. my older Marvel likes it a lot..

My Trailside not so much.. that is a great price for it.. usually 3.70 a box or so
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by RGK Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:29 am

Bought 1000 rounds. Should work well in my Toyota customized Ruger. Been wanting to try this. 
Bob

RGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:41 am

I've shot a few hundred rounds of Aguila Target Pistol in my Pardini. Clean, fresh gun no problem. After 400 rounds, slightly dirty gun, cool weather, a couple of failures to feed. Springs are fresh in gun.

It feels like Eley Target and exhibits the same cold, slightly dirty gun, failures. I suspect one magazine more frequent, but not yet conclusive.

I will do more quantitative tests in due course, but I don't yet trust it for anything other than practise. I got it cheap enough to be acceptable practise ammo and scores have been good, so no problem.

But Aguila Super Extra is more reliable in all my guns and, as far as I can judge, equally accurate. BUT, try to find any at a decent price today!

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter43 Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:31 pm

I've been using Aguila Super Extra in my Model 41 and Nelson conversion with good results.  However, I ordered two bricks from Ammofast.com recently and received boxes marked ".22 Solid Point", not "Super Extra".  The .22 Solid Points are 40 grain rounds with an advertised MV of 1130 fps and are Aguila primed. I haven't shot any of them yet so I can't say how they compare to the Super Extra.  Hopefully they'll do OK.  If not, they'll probably run fine in my Black Mamba.

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Did you check the individual boxes? I got some Super Extra a while back and the dealer pointed out that the outer box was mismarked.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:10 pm

OldShooter43 wrote:I've been using Aguila Super Extra in my Model 41 and Nelson conversion with good results.  However, I ordered two bricks from Ammofast.com recently and received boxes marked ".22 Solid Point", not "Super Extra".  The .22 Solid Points are 40 grain rounds with an advertised MV of 1130 fps and are Aguila primed. I haven't shot any of them yet so I can't say how they compare to the Super Extra.  Hopefully they'll do OK.  If not, they'll probably run fine in my Black Mamba.
I’ve had similar.
super extra in solid point bricks.
Not sure what’s going on
Pistol match shot well in my Benelli
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter43 Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:12 pm

Ah Ha. You're correct!  The 50 round boxes are marked Super Extra.  Perhaps the disconnect has occurred because Aguila is no longer using Eley priming in the Super Extra rounds.

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 pm

I ran 90 rounds of Aguila Pistol Match through my MatchGun MG2 this afternoon, flawless, no problems whatsoever. The weather was overcast with strong gusting winds, but not cold (55 to 60F). The gun was probably about 200 rounds (of Super Extra) since the last thorough clean. The only thing imperfect was the guy pulling the trigger!

Hopefully I will try it in the Pardini again tomorrow. I'll give the gun a quick clean first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazmont Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:58 pm

I had failures to feed with Aguila Match Pistol with my stock '77 M41 on chilly overcast and misty mornings at my range near the coast. No surprise there. I tried using the packing tray to dip just the bullets into Lee Alox Lube diluted fairly thin with mineral spirits and left to dry overnight. Problem solved when shooting in the same environment. Now I do this with all .22LR's except Normas which I've found to be greasy enough not to need the treatment. Haven't noticed a downside yet.
Cazmont
Cazmont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down