Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Range Opening

3 posters

Go down

Range Opening Empty Range Opening

Post by Bigtrout Fri May 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Our local range will open 5/18 while keeping distancing and masks.  Good news.  Vermont has done a really good job thus far.  I hope folks keep behaving themselves.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Range Opening Empty Re: Range Opening

Post by REConley Fri May 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Do not bet on it. My county has had the infection rate double since the Governor opened everything up here. 

Hope your folks listen to the doctors not the reelection politics.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout Fri May 15, 2020 7:06 pm

REConley wrote:Do not bet on it. My county has had the infection rate double since the Governor opened everything up here. 

Our guv has been relying on science to slowly turn the spigot.  We have been totally locked down except for essentials until a couple weeks ago when our curve was trending down.  And then only construction consisting of 2 workers max and the worksite unoccupied.  5/18 will open golf courses, camp grounds and non-contact businesses with 10 employees or less.  The businesses can only operate at 25% of customer capacity.  Everyone is still required to practice 6' distancing and are encouraged to wear masks.  Our state only has a 600,000+ population and is mostly rural.  Our 2 largest cities only have 35,000 residents.  I think that has had a large impact on our progress.  That, and our folks are taking this very seriously and non-compliance is very minimal.  Less than 1000 cases and 58 deaths, most of those from nursing homes.  The guv has extended the "state of emergency" until 6/16.  I hope Georgia can weather the storm as well as other states not so lucky.  Sorry for the off-topic post but these are different times.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Porter Fri May 15, 2020 9:38 pm

REConley wrote:Do not bet on it. My county has had the infection rate double since the Governor opened everything up here. 

Infection rate or just more testing now?  I have seen a lot of cases where it looks like a spike but they just added a bunch of new data to the stats that were accumulating.

Jeff Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 pm

Testing and hospitalization rates are both going up. The State publishes changes three times per day by county and State in aggregate. Testing much higher % (More testing of course) but more are going into the Hospital. This coming week should be the proof as there will have been time for infections to get to the "Go to Hospital" stage if it really is getting bad.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down