Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bluetooth ear pro and phone apps for bullseye

+5
messenger
Dr.Don
Oleg G
james r chapman
bpettet
9 posters

Go down

bluetooth ear pro and phone apps for bullseye  Empty bluetooth ear pro and phone apps for bullseye

Post by bpettet Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Who is running bluetooth ear pro and what do you think of it?  I was looking into getting a set and then pairing it with an Android iPhone bullseye commands/timer app.  I can't find any bullseye command/timer apps for iPhone.  

How does it work to get a no contract Android phone and use that (without registering it) to run the app into bluetooth ear pro?  Seems like an interesting way to practice with range commands and timer built into your ear pro.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

bluetooth ear pro and phone apps for bullseye  Empty Re: bluetooth ear pro and phone apps for bullseye

Post by james r chapman Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:05 am

Any old android phone will work
Pull one out of the junk drawer.
Even an old Zune will work
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

bluetooth ear pro and phone apps for bullseye  Empty Re: bluetooth ear pro and phone apps for bullseye

Post by bpettet Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:52 am

We don't have any Android phones but this sounds like a good way to train with the range commands and timer.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:02 am

IOS Apps: 

There was an old App called Bullseye Range Commands, but it is no longer compatible with the new versions of IOS. So it is no longer usable and is not in the Apple Store. Some folks on this forum have the app installed on their phones with older IOS and are still using it.

I found a current App called ISSF Shot Timer. You can use for Bullseye: it has a 10 secs mode and a 20 secs mode, which are delimited by beeps. Before the first beep, the App gives you the "Attention" command. Timer beeps 7 secs after the Attention command, signifying the start of the 10 or 20 secs interval. You can treat the Attention command as "Ready on the Left" since the time elapsing between "Ready on the Left" and the target turn is approximately 7 secs.

Bluetooth Earmuffs:

I have used Peltor Tactical 500 for some time in the past but stopped. The noise reduction that the earmuffs provided was not very good for me (others may think differently). Also, the headband was uncomfortable, causing pain after about an hour of use.
I have switched to Howard Leight Impact Pro. For me, these muffs offer much better hearing protection and are immensely more comfortable to wear. The downside is that they are not Bluetooth and require a wire connection between the phone and muffs. For me, this is worth the tradeoff.

Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:04 am

james r chapman wrote:Any old android phone will work
Pull one out of the junk drawer.
Even an old Zune will work

If it works on a Zune, which was Windows CE OS, why will this not work on iOS?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:42 am

My iphone just updated to iOS 13.6.1 and the Bullseye Range Command app still works.  The originator has explained somewhere on here that he did not keep up (update the app) to comply with the features of newer iOS versions, so it cannot be loaded by the newer versions and was dropped.  But if you already had it on your phone it still works fine.  I've had it for years.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:28 am

Mine quit working. Tried to reload and is now gone. Crying or Very sad

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:59 am

If you have it . It still works.
If you don’t, it’s unavailable in ios
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Oleg G wrote:IOS Apps: 

There was an old App called Bullseye Range Commands, but it is no longer compatible with the new versions of IOS. So it is no longer usable and is not in the Apple Store. Some folks on this forum have the app installed on their phones with older IOS and are still using it.
Not accurate, I have the latest IOS and Bullseye Range Commands works just fine.  The issue is Apple wanted the developer to update it to meet current documentation standards to keep it in the Ap store.  He didn't so it was removed from the App store.  The creator offered the app for free and can't justify spending any more time/money to maintain it - he originally wrote it for fun.

SO if you already have it on your iPhone don't delete it because it still works!
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:13 am

I am using Peltor 500's (with gelpads, they make a huge difference in comfort and protection), and the IOS Range Commands app.

Very happy with this combination.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Mike, that sounds like a good setup.  You're running it in bluetooth mode?  Anything you don't like about it?

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm

Mike, is that the Peltor 500 sport tactical headset (model TAC500-OTH)?  Which gel pads did you get?  I'm researching which ones fit the 500.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:41 pm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHVXKVA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W56YRWJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And follow these directions:

SnakeDoctor
4.0 out of 5 stars Tactical 100 / 300 / 500 - fits, with some work
Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2017
Verified Purchase
Other reviews have had similar issues

This review is from my expeience using the gel rings with a Peltor Tactical 300 headset. I'd guess that the Tactical 100 and 500 have the same issue as the models are similar.

Firstly, the good stuff. The gel rings are so much more compfortable than the stock foam ear cups! They fit around glasses great and still feel like they make an almost airtight seal. Also, after wearing the headset for long periods of time, I haven't gotten a headache.

The problem:
The stock foam ear cups on the Tactical 300 are very difficult to remove without fear of damaging the headset, as others have mentioned. I would highly RECOMMEND AGAINST REMOVING THEM, and follow the steps below.

The fix:
The gel ring plastic base is not the same as the stock one on the Tactical 300. The stock bases are much more robust and 100% fit all of the adhesive area on the ear cups. The gel ring bases are inferior. They are thinner and do not fit all of the adhesive area on the inside edge of the base (see attached pictures).

Peel both the stock ear cups and the gel rings off their plastic bases. They are only held on by tape, but still be careful that you don't rip them.

Swap the gel rings onto the stock bases that are still attached to the headset - The inside and outside edges should now line up perfectly.

Put the stock ear cups onto the bases the gel rings came on. Put them in a plastic zip bag and keep them as backups.

You now have a much better (and easier IMO) solution than trying to swap the entire ear cup assembly.

I do not know if this is the case with other Peltor models, or how difficult it is to remove their stock ear cups. Also note that the gel rings do not come with instructions of any kind.

mikemargolis

bpettet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Awesome Mike.  Thanks!

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:28 pm

I just got the gel pads installed and they work great.  Much more comfortable and more effective on sound reduction.  I really like this system for practicing range commands and timers.

bpettet

mikemargolis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:10 am

I just use tightfitting wired earbuds with my normal hearing protectors.  Seems inadequate compared to the expensive solution.  But it does work.  The $80 I save will buy 100 rounds of CCI SV.

Will try a pair of wireless earbuds one of these days if they won't interfere with muffs.

I use Bullseye Timer on android.  I like the app, though I wish it was easier to move between the course of fire (takes 3 clicks; would be better to swipe left or right).

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:04 am

The $80 better buy you several bricks of CCI!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 am

I chuckled at that...we might be headed to $80 per 100.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by spyer40 Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:46 pm

I use Peltor 500's with the gel pads, work pretty good and comfortable. Only issue is when the phone rings it turns the mic on before answering which is loud in the muffs. They actually sound good for music too

spyer40

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 pm

That's the one benefit of it not being linked to my iPhone; it doesn't try to connect to calls and alerts. Those gel pads are more comfortable if you wear glasses or eye pro.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down