Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.45 Kimber Stainless Steel barrel bushing

5 posters

Go down

.45 Kimber Stainless Steel barrel bushing Empty .45 Kimber Stainless Steel barrel bushing

Post by Dockokol 9/18/2020, 9:01 am

A friend recently purchased a hardly used Kimber .45 stainless and brought it to me in pieces.  It seems the barrel bushing doesn't fit the frame.  I got it out of the frame with a lot of difficulty, the bushings isn't truly round and binds when you try to install it or take it out.  I told him to call Kimber and send it back, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks
Doc

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

.45 Kimber Stainless Steel barrel bushing Empty Re: .45 Kimber Stainless Steel barrel bushing

Post by Tripscape 9/18/2020, 10:32 am

Is it round and fitting barrel well internally? If so then it may be purposely tight to the frame.

Tripscape

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

.45 Kimber Stainless Steel barrel bushing Empty Re: .45 Kimber Stainless Steel barrel bushing

Post by Dockokol 9/18/2020, 6:52 pm

This bushing doesnt seem to be round.  I goes in as a normal one would but binds (I mean too tight to move with a metal bushing tool).  Like I said, its used, from the looks very lightly, so I dont know if someone tried to "fix" it.  I recommended he send it back to Kimber.

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 9/18/2020, 7:24 pm

I have to ask. Are you taking it out of battery before attempting to remove?
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 9/18/2020, 8:36 pm

Someone may have tried to make it tighter by makingit more oval? )) Which makes me wonder would that work well?
Else maybe someone took an idea of tight fit to a new level. If internal fit is OK I would shave off externally until it fits well.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 9/19/2020, 8:15 am

I can tell you if it has been repaired "By a third party"
 Kimber will not touch it.   Been there done that.  I had even bought the gun new.  You can buy a new top quality bushing made to fit your gun from EGW.  Send them  the exact size of the barrel and slide.  They will make an  Angle bore bushing and you will be good to go.  

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/19/2020, 1:22 pm

Bet ya 20 it was an oversized one that was never fitted.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down