Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataract Surgery

+13
Wobbley
Allen Barnett
lakemurrayman
Mike M.
mspingeld
CharlieJ
SonOfSwede
joem5636
Caster3845
REConley
mikemyers
james r chapman
daveG
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cataract Surgery - Page 2 Empty Cataract Surgery

Post by daveG 11/12/2020, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

I went to see the eye surgeon yesterday and we had a long discussion about Cataract Surgery and pistol shooting.  The bottom line was insurance (Medicare +) only covers single focus lenses in Cataract Surgery.  After discussion and explanation of how to properly site a pistol, he thought the single focus lens would be worse that what I’m seeing now.  He suggested I talk with other shooters who have had Cataract Surgery to see what worked for them.  Thus this post.
I know some of you have had Cataract Surgery.  What type of lens did you end up with?  I know seeing the sites is only part of the equation (SA + TC = X;  Site Alignment + Trigger Control = X).

How has the surgery affected and/or helped your shooting?
Any comments would be helpful.  Thanks for the input.

daveG

Back to top Go down

Cataract Surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract Surgery

Post by REConley 12/31/2020, 7:58 am

I have both distant only, great decision I think. I have a pair of glasses made for reading and computer work with a large screen set about 6 " past my arm reach. Just so happens that is where my front sight is and their is a small bifocal reading lens in the bottom that handles all of the little chores at the bench great. A second pair is my red dot shooting glasses. They are what I wanted for wearing when out shopping dining as well. A bifocal with no prescription in the top 2/3 and a reading lens in the bottom. They are transaction polarized anti glare and work great sun or shade. Most of my day is spent without glasses. If I am not shooting or on the computer no glasses needed here.
REConley
REConley

Sa-tevp likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 1/23/2021, 7:34 pm

REConley wrote:I have both distant only, great decision I think. I have a pair of glasses made for reading and computer work with a large screen set about 6 " past my arm reach. Just so happens that is where my front sight is and their is a small bifocal reading lens in the bottom that handles all of the little chores at the bench great. A second pair is my red dot shooting glasses. They are what I wanted for wearing when out shopping dining as well. A bifocal with no prescription in the top 2/3 and a reading lens in the bottom. They are transaction polarized anti glare and work great sun or shade. Most of my day is spent without glasses. If I am not shooting or on the computer no glasses needed here.

Too funny, as I have about ten years experience looking at information at two large monitors in a control center setting where we strive to have optimum ergonomics and only now noticed that I have both monitors at 6" past arms reach and I use the same power magnification as my iron sight glasses.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2