Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas AG filed suit against Cheaper than Dirt and won

4 posters

Go down

Texas AG filed suit against Cheaper than Dirt and won Empty Texas AG filed suit against Cheaper than Dirt and won

Post by James Hensler Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:05 am

It is a great day to be an American because finally a large (4000 transactions) price gouging company has been caught. They for now are ordered to refund over 450k dollars and then they are going to be fined up to 250k! I personally am happy but I think they should have lost their licenses!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Texas AG filed suit against Cheaper than Dirt and won Empty Re: Texas AG filed suit against Cheaper than Dirt and won

Post by James Hensler Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:22 am

Now I hope they go after Gunbroker for Facilitating gouging!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Texas AG filed suit against Cheaper than Dirt and won Empty Re: Texas AG filed suit against Cheaper than Dirt and won

Post by USSR Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:34 am

Note: Only dumb people who buy at inflated prices get gouged.

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:39 am

USSR wrote:Note: Only dumb people who buy at inflated prices get gouged.

Don
I can agree with that but not everyone is knowledgeable when it comes to what a gun or ammunition should cost. Just think about all of these first time gun owners for a second. These prices are all they know!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 am

On second thought, I don't care and didn't realize I was that bored.

I'm going to the basement to do some dryfiring and AP shooting.

Y'all have fun.

CR

Last edited by CR10X on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:50 am

In the case the prosecutor did mention prices and stated that CTD raised their prices 300-400 % across the board when their competitors had not and yes they really screwed up with what you said about raising the price after putting the item in the cart! That’s messed up!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:21 am

I might not like high prices, but I think it's wrong to penalize a company for "price-gouging" when we're talking about non-essential goods and services.

As for CTD's shady practices like raising prices after something is put in the cart, there's a reason why I don't buy from them. Perhaps more folks should do the same.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down