Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New?

+8
Allgoodhits
kayakr
Gary Collette
Tripscape
Wobbley
James Hensler
orpheoet
gwhite
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 Empty Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New?

Post by gwhite 12/26/2020, 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

I help coach a college team, and they have 5 Pardini SP New's.  I've been working with Pardini USA to fix problems we've been having with 4th round jams.  I have improved things by carefully fitting new extractors, but the problems have persisted despite replacing magazines, recoil springs, and buffers.  I was going to send a couple down to Pardini to look at after the Collegiate National Championships last March.  Well, COVID hit, they canned the Nationals, and we've been locked out of the range ever since.  It's quite likely we will not have access to the range (or the pistols) for many more months.  

I have some ideas about what is going on & how to fix it, but I can't do any test firing.  I'm looking for a few "beta testers" to work with.

If you have a Pardini SP New (with the O-ring buffer in the bolt), and have had persistent 4th round jam issues, I would be delighted to work with you to try to fix the problem.  Before we get serious, there are a number of things you can try that can often help.  I've posted some info on the TargetTalk Olympic Pistol forum on things to try first:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27446&p=292149p292149

Based on the bullseye league I shoot in, there are likely to be a lot more Pardini owners on this forum than on TargetTalk. If you've tried all the usual fixes and are still having problems, PM me and I'll do what I can to help.  In return, all I ask is that you do some test firing and take notes to help with my research.

Thanks!

gwhite

Back to top Go down

Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New?

Post by Allgoodhits 5/11/2022, 8:01 pm

I have an SP New that has the green buffer in the rear of the frame.  I had a problem with my Pardini, where it was the 3 or 4th round pretty repeatedly. Never the 1st and never the last rd. All magazines. The condition that experienced was theta spent case rim would get caught behind the recoil guide rod, while the next round was partially chambered.

I carefully checked all (6 mags) for cleanliness and consistent angle of the ejector. All seem to be on par with other mags I could compare them too. I also tried a bunch of different ammo. Replaced buffer and recoil spring. Finally, I shipped it to Pardini USA  After a couple months, it was sent back to me and noted as being fixed.

Upon return, it did the same thing it did before. Subsequent to its return, I purchased a new firing pin, FP spring, extractor, extractor spring and another new buffer. Installed all myself. It has been flawless ever since with CCI SV, Norma TAC, SK, CMP bulk Ely and Bullseye Ely.

My observation was after changing out the parts the ejection was slightly forward and very positive. Before, it was positive, but almost directly to the side. I have no idea why PardiniUSA did not replace these small parts when they had it. I spent several hundred dollars with no success, then the $100+/- worth of DIY parts cured the condition. Since I replaced all of the parts together, I do not know exactly which one or combo was the cure. My best guess was it was the extractor or extractor spring that was the culprit, and I think the extractor spring more than anything. IMO, the ejector can't do what it is supposed to do, unless the extractor can hold onto the brass long enough to get it there.

I hope this aids in your quest. It was extremely frustrating to me during this ordeal.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New?

Post by hakan.basaran@gmail.com 4/22/2023, 2:53 pm

Hi have an issue very similiar and could not find any solution yet Sad. Did you find a successful solution to this issue? Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 20230411
Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 20230410

hakan.basaran@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 4/27/2023, 1:59 pm

hakan.basaran@gmail.com wrote:Hi have an issue very similiar and could not find any solution yet Sad. Did you find a successful solution to this issue? Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 20230411

That is exactly what mine was doing. For me it was new firing pin, spring, extractor and spring. Since I replaced all, I am not sure which solved the problem. My best guess was it was the extractor and/or extractor spring. Ever since I did that it has been 100% now for several thousand rounds.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

hakan.basaran@gmail.com likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hakan.basaran@gmail.com 4/27/2023, 2:21 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:
hakan.basaran@gmail.com wrote:Hi have an issue very similiar and could not find any solution yet Sad. Did you find a successful solution to this issue? Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 20230411

That is exactly what mine was doing. For me it was new firing pin, spring, extractor and spring. Since I replaced all, I am not sure which solved the problem. My best guess was it was the extractor and/or extractor spring. Ever since I did that it has been 100% now for several thousand rounds.

Thanks, i will try it as well.

hakan.basaran@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sklarcpa 4/27/2023, 7:55 pm

Had this same issue 2 years ago. For mine it was the extractor spring which was the fix.
sklarcpa
sklarcpa

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV 4/27/2023, 11:17 pm

I had the same issue 4th round didn't eject and 5th round didn't chamber, but only one of my magazines.

Because it was only one magazine I was pretty sure it was not the extractor or extractor spring, recoil spring, o-rings or firing pin and spring.  But because I had a pretty good round count on the gun I replaced all of those parts.

Still that one magazine kept on failing.  I looked at that magazine compared to all the others and what I noticed was at the very front of the ejector, the tip was getting mushroomed and causing a little lip on the front inside of the ejector.

Also the slot in the magazine that the button pin that holds the follower/elevator in place at the very top where the pin stops, the slot was every so slightly indented.  I could feel the pin hang up a little bit.

Now beats me if any of that would cause the problem, but I sanded the inside of the ejector smooth and the top area of the slot smooth.

Ever since then the magazine has worked perfectly.

I can't say that was the problem but it works now.

The first 3 pics show what it looked liked, the last pic after I sanded the areas.

Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 20230411
Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 20230412Anyone Having 4th Round Jams with their Pardini SP New? - Page 2 20230413

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by hakan.basaran@gmail.com 4/27/2023, 11:44 pm

Very interesting about the mag. I will check it and se if I have something smiliar issue.

hakan.basaran@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma9 5/3/2023, 8:26 pm

I have a brand new SP with 400 rounds thru it. Mine is doing the same thing depicted in the photo's. Would not think it could be a fireing pin or extractor or springs. As stated! This is a brand new gun. I have only used one of my three new magazines. I'm going to use a new magazine this weekend and see what happens. This using CCI-SV. I would switch to eley target or club. But I have 4 cases of CCI. Hope it isn't the CCI causing this issue. Will report back next week if the other magazines do the same thing.

Gamma9

Back to top Go down

Post by hakan.basaran@gmail.com 5/3/2023, 11:39 pm

Gamma9 wrote:I have a brand new SP with 400 rounds thru it. Mine is doing the same thing depicted in the photo's. Would not think it could be a fireing pin or extractor or springs. As stated! This is a brand new gun. I have only used one of my three new magazines. I'm going to use a new magazine this weekend and see what happens. This using CCI-SV. I would switch to eley target or club. But I have 4 cases of CCI. Hope it isn't the CCI causing this issue. Will report back next week if the other magazines do the same thing.
Thanks, I hope you can find a solution that holds.

hakan.basaran@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2