Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo

+7
james r chapman
Allen Barnett
Rotwang
cdrt
straybrit
DA/SA
mikemargolis
11 posters

Go down

Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo Empty Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo

Post by mikemargolis Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:55 am

what are you all doing to organize it? (Note to all: I am talking about a 500 round bulk pack of Eley .22 ammo, comes in one plastic bag)

I could save up my little 50 round Eley boxes and refill them, but the foil hinge isn't going to last long.

I found these MTM boxes on Amazon, they hold 100, so I guess I'd want 5 of them.

(Ridiculous that MTM limits your Amazon purchase to quantity FOUR)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CGTYNAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Somebody give me a better idea. I don't want to fish a handful of shells out of the ziplock bag every time I go to load my six 5 shot magazines.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo Empty Re: Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo

Post by DA/SA Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:57 am

I save CCI 100 round plastic boxes.

I watched a guy pitch two of them in the trash yesterday and he had a box of CMP sitting on the bench. I probably should have said something...
DA/SA
DA/SA

cdrt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo Empty Re: Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo

Post by straybrit Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:29 am

Box - rather assumes that you have a 3d printer of course. Look for a local maker space - that's generally a good place to get access to one.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:43 am

DA/SA wrote:I save CCI 100 round plastic boxes.
I watched a guy pitch two of them in the trash yesterday and he had a box of CMP sitting on the bench. I probably should have said something...
+1.  Something I started way back when I shot with the pistol team out of Mare Island, since we were issued T-22 in the old style box that did not have a plastic insert.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotwang Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:45 am

If you insist on more than four at a time go to midwayusa.com. Or buy several sets of four from amazon. I have two of those cci boxes and carry 200 at a time.

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:14 am

Personally i use the Stertilite mini snap top things.  Think storage tubs but mini!!!!  They will hold a brick of 500.  I carry one in my range bag at all times.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 am

Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo 139f2d10
Stupid question re the bulk CMP .22 ammo 065f8310

Just print them!

These use either SK or GECO glued in sleeves.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:51 pm

I use the MTM boxes. I always want to put them in projectile-up since they're boxes for 25acp the 22s nose down can rattle around. But the rattling is better than frantically trying to pick slippery lubed cartridges by their round bullets up by your fingers while the match director is saying "is the line ready" Very Happy
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 am

SingleActionAndrew wrote:I use the MTM boxes. I always want to put them in projectile-up since they're boxes for 25acp the 22s nose down can rattle around. But the rattling is better than frantically trying to pick slippery lubed cartridges by their round bullets up by your fingers while the match director is saying "is the line ready" Very Happy

Load mags before you head down to score... or if your not ready, yell out "not ready".. after a time or two, they'll typically watch you to see if your ready or not... dont be bashful. If your having issues with a fast caller, others may be as well...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 am

I am fortunate to have six Pardini mags, and I can always sneak five rounds into one or two between relays if I'm shooting a 900. I am glad I bought six though.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by xman Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 am

+1 on the above post. I broke my left foot in May 2020 so I am the last one down range and the last one back and that’s when they call a shooters to the line so I do try to load at least one mag before I head down range. Yes the heart rate does go up walking back-and-forth to the long line but I’m getting used to it. It’s a bitch having a limp.

Oh and I use the 100 bullet clear plastic boxes that I transfer The bullets to and put the lot number from the cardboard box under the lid.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Collette Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 pm

WOW  Shocked
I'm going to have to take a hard look at myself through others eyes.
I just leave the 500 rounds in the supplied bag in the supplied box and 
load from that.
I don't think it is worth the time to break it down from there.
Just  me I guess
G
Gary Collette
Gary Collette

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:45 pm

Gary Collette wrote:WOW  Shocked
load from that.
Just  me I guess
G
I am anal enough that I put 30 rounds on my towel and load six magazines.

It helps me to know that I didn't put only four rounds in one mag.

I NEVER keep a half open row of rounds in a 50 round box

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:13 pm

It bugs be as well if there aren't 5 shells in a row... if I have a misfire at the range, ill shoot the extras so I dont have to look at one missing round in the box.

10sandxs

mikemargolis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Gary Collette wrote:WOW  Shocked
load from that.
Just  me I guess
G

A carry over from trapshooting.
5 rows of five in a box.
2 shells on the side.
So you don’t go “bang” on 6 on a stand.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Nightshift82 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down