Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee auto breech lock pro progressive press

3 posters

Go down

Lee auto breech lock pro progressive press  Empty Lee auto breech lock pro progressive press

Post by BUDRICKETT@GMAIL.COM 2/1/2021, 6:10 am

i load 9mm Luger and .45 ACP. 
When I fill a tube with .45 cases, they kick field goals when I push them into the shell holder.  Every one of them, until the tube is 1/4 full and weight is less. 

The top of the case drags against the bottom of the case above it, and tips it over. 

I have to insert a pencil to keep the case from flying.  

It happens to some degree with the 9mm, but not as severe.   

Has anyone solved this one?

BUDRICKETT@GMAIL.COM

Back to top Go down

Lee auto breech lock pro progressive press  Empty Re: Lee auto breech lock pro progressive press

Post by James Hensler 2/1/2021, 2:50 pm

Ok I have a question or 2 
Does your plastic feed ramp have any dents or cuts or has it been cleaned? 

Have you watched any YouTube videos of setting up the case feeder. Those videos answer almost any questions you might have. 

If the feed ramp is dented the part is only 5 bucks so get 3-4 because they do wear out
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Lee auto breech lock pro progressive press  Empty Re: Lee auto breech lock pro progressive press

Post by LenV 2/1/2021, 6:17 pm

I only have that problem on the last case in the tube when there is nothing above it to stop it from bouncing. You might have your gap too wide. The opening needs to be barely larger then the empty case.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by BUDRICKETT@GMAIL.COM 2/6/2021, 7:51 am

Thanks you for the responses. 

No dents or imperfections on feed ramp. It's also clean. 
What gap?  
The videos I found was not the new model press.  The feed assembly is different. 

The case mouth drags against the bottom of the case above it in the tube.  this tips the case, and punts the case across the loading bench.  The more cases I have in the loading tube, the more weight applied, the worse the problem becomes. 

What a pain,

BUDRICKETT@GMAIL.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 2/7/2021, 2:21 pm

BUDRICKETT@GMAIL.COM wrote:Thanks you for the responses. 

No dents or imperfections on feed ramp. It's also clean. 
What gap?  
The videos I found was not the new model press.  The feed assembly is different. 

The case mouth drags against the bottom of the case above it in the tube.  this tips the case, and punts the case across the loading bench.  The more cases I have in the loading tube, the more weight applied, the worse the problem becomes. 

What a pain,
Ok if you cleaned the ramp that’s probably the problem. Especially if you used a solvent type cleaner. The red plastic feed ramp is designed to have friction and it uses that friction to keep the case from tipping. 

You are saying the videos on YouTube of Lee’s auto breech lock pro are different than yours??? I just searched and they are the same as my Auto Breech lock Pro so I don’t know??
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by BUDRICKETT@GMAIL.COM 2/8/2021, 4:01 pm

Your long range diagnosis appears to be correct.  I took the slide off, and there was an indent in the case ramp, right under where the cases fall.  I applied a very thin dome of gorilla glue and filled in the indent. It's working again. 

Great analysis.  Thank you, it was irritating.

BUDRICKETT@GMAIL.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 2/9/2021, 12:31 pm

Glad you found and fixed the problem. Now order 2 of the plastic parts kits because you will have them
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down