Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Auto Breech Lock Clutch

2 posters

Go down

Lee Auto Breech Lock Clutch Empty Lee Auto Breech Lock Clutch

Post by charlieb 5/25/2021, 4:45 pm

Hi 
Somehow the little plastic driver clutch broke on my Auto BL 
Lee has been prompt to replace the driver clutch on my order.
HOWEVER 
the little plastic clutch came with a ring . Where the heck does this go? It is serrated on the inside like the clutch .
Hopefully anyone who has this replaced, these parts knows what I'm talking about.
I searched UTube , lots of info on this unit but nothing specific

Help Please!

charlieb

Back to top Go down

Lee Auto Breech Lock Clutch Empty Re: Lee Auto Breech Lock Clutch

Post by CFPlinker 5/26/2021, 11:07 am

The very bottom of the ram head has a hex boss cast into it. The ring fits onto the boss. You can see it when you turn the press upside down. The cup portion of the clutch fits loosely in the plastic piece that is below the ring. If the indexing rod  is out there is enough looseness that the cup can fall out and roll under the loading bench. If you need to replace the ring you may have to remove the very bottom plastic part from the ram head. ( I got the parts as spares and haven't had to replace either of them yet)  Hope this helps.

CFPlinker

charlieb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by charlieb 5/26/2021, 4:25 pm

It does . Somehow the cup broke and when I took everything apart I noticed the ring IT was OK . I ordered three (!) spare kits from Lee and they must have felt sorry for me and sent me a free one ! Great service ,as I am in Calgary Alberta , a long way from the Lee plant Thank you so much for your reply I am up and running .
 I also live i n a condo and this Press is a great way for me to keep reloading (Had to sell all my Dillon equipment ,no space)
Thanks again

charlieb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down