Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Etiquette - spotting scopes

+14
Jack H
chopper
DonBrummer
David R
john bickar
CO1Mtn
DA/SA
joy2shoot
CR10X
SteveT
8eightring
chiz1180
zanemoseley
Dehumanizer
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Etiquette - spotting scopes - Page 2 Empty Etiquette - spotting scopes

Post by Dehumanizer 2/11/2021, 1:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

As mentioned in another post. I had an issue with my sight being loose and in my first set posted a 69 because I was shooting low left.

Is there anything wrong with during the slow fires to peer into my spotting scope to make sure my shots are going where they are supposed to be?

I know I should not be adjusting my sights during the 10 minutes but should anyone have a problem with me spotting during the 10 minutes?

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Etiquette - spotting scopes - Page 2 Empty Re: Etiquette - spotting scopes

Post by Sa-tevp 2/15/2021, 9:31 am

chiz1180 wrote:The only real trick to a spotting scope is making sure it is on the right target

At the beginning of the first string of 45 Slow Fire I am taking my time and trying to get everything right: stance, breathing, grip, etc. I lean slightly to get one more good visual image of the X ring before shooting and the shooter on the bench to my left fires and makes a hole in the X ring I am looking at. Ooh...

4. When you set up your spotting scope, move it down to your number and then back up to your target following the carrier.

(from Ed Hall's https://starreloaders.com/edhall/suggestions.html )
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2