Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primary arms

3 posters

Go down

Primary arms Empty Primary arms

Post by Motophotog7 3/3/2021, 9:12 pm

So having watched recent threads and needing another sight, I took advantage of the deal on Optics Planet. Received the optic today, and I’m pretty impressed and anxious to try it out! And now I’m wondering if it’s really an Aimpoint Micro has anyone put carbon fiber tube shades on one? Any idea what size or where to order?  

TIA
Rod

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Primary arms Empty Re: Primary arms

Post by zanemoseley 3/3/2021, 10:07 pm

Jon Shue told me his aluminum shades will fit the MD-ADS but I never ended up buying a set. I do have his shade on my 9000SC and it's very nice.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/3/2021, 10:49 pm

An inexpensive solution is to buy carbon fiber tube off eBay or similar. There have several threads describing this.

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 3/4/2021, 6:59 am

I used 30mm carbon tubing with an ID of 28mm. That will cover all the aimpoint copies. The carbon tubes will not hold a press on fit so I used some golf shaft epoxy to attach the tubes.  If you have some 30mm ultra dots you can attach the front tube adapter and use their filter.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/4/2021, 7:03 am

Green loctite is a much better bet than golf shaft epoxy. Just apply a little heat (hair dryer - if you have hair - or a heat gun!) and the loctite softens without any damage to tube or sight.

I have used a "quick grip" to hold the tubes in position whilst the loctite cures overnight - worked well for me several times - and got them off again with no damage several times!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down