Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Using a Primary Arms Red Dot on Their .45?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone Using a Primary Arms Red Dot on Their .45? Empty Anyone Using a Primary Arms Red Dot on Their .45?

Post by DA/SA 9/19/2023, 5:05 pm

Just tried one (PA R8 AD) and I'm getting 12" vertical stringing. Shots off of the top and bottom of the repair center. from the bench.

Put my Matchdot II back on and the X's came back. 

Thought it might just be me with the shorter sight radius, so I used a bore laser and zeroed the PA scope with that. First shot was good, second, third, and fourth shots strung to well below the repair center. Plugged the bore laser back in, and sure enough, the elevation on the scope had moved that much.

Are these PA's not compatible with light .45 loads when slide mounted?

Thanks!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Anyone Using a Primary Arms Red Dot on Their .45? Empty Re: Anyone Using a Primary Arms Red Dot on Their .45?

Post by james r chapman 9/20/2023, 4:55 am

I haven’t had problems with my PA dot on my .45
Maybe put it on a .22 and see if the same pattern follows.
Also make sure the dot base adapter 4 screws are tight.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

chiz1180 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone Using a Primary Arms Red Dot on Their .45? Empty Re: Anyone Using a Primary Arms Red Dot on Their .45?

Post by rich.tullo 9/21/2023, 10:02 am

I use the PA gen II. The real cheap one is ok but the GEN II is worth the extra money.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 9/21/2023, 10:54 am

Got the RMA and it's off to PA for repair.

We'll see how that goes!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by rburk 9/21/2023, 10:36 pm

I have been using a Primary Arms MD-ADS for several years, slide mounted on my 45-1911.  I have at least 8,000 rounds using this sight, and it still works.

rburk

Back to top Go down

Post by rburk 9/22/2023, 12:27 am

Let us know how the customer service goes with Primary Arms.  I had one experience a couple of years ago, I lost the rubber lens cover to my MD-ADS.  I emailed Primary Arms and told them I wanted to purchase a replacement.  They responded by sending my a replacement free of charge.

Their new version of the MD-ADS is called the SLX, Optics Planet shows them as having a lifetime warranty.  If that is true, that could make it a good value for slide mounting on a 45.

rburk

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 9/22/2023, 5:15 am

rburk wrote:Their new version of the MD-ADS is called the SLX, Optics Planet shows them as having a lifetime warranty.  If that is true, that could make it a good value for slide mounting on a 45.
This is an SLx (MD RB AD) that I am dealing with.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 9/28/2023, 3:39 pm

Just got word that the scope is not repairable, and a new one will be sent as a replacement at no cost to me.

Fast service and great result!
DA/SA
DA/SA

jmoore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down