Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE Pistol and Titegroup equivalent to Alliant Bullseye loads

5 posters

Go down

CFE Pistol and Titegroup equivalent to Alliant Bullseye loads Empty CFE Pistol and Titegroup equivalent to Alliant Bullseye loads

Post by Foundryratjim Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:33 pm

I am running out of Alliant BE powder and I cannot find any more. I am loading for a Model 52-2, 2.7 grs BE with 148 GR DE wadcutter, my Colt 45 load is 3.8 grs BE pushing a 200 gr cast semi wadcutter. I have a large quantity of CFE Pistol and Titegroup powder. Does any one have any actual loads they have used with either of these powders that I could use as a starting point to work up a load for each gun?

Last edited by Foundryratjim on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

CFE Pistol and Titegroup equivalent to Alliant Bullseye loads Empty Re: CFE Pistol and Titegroup equivalent to Alliant Bullseye loads

Post by Boris_La Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:56 pm

Where are you located? I have an extra BE that I can trade for TG.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

CFE Pistol and Titegroup equivalent to Alliant Bullseye loads Empty Re: CFE Pistol and Titegroup equivalent to Alliant Bullseye loads

Post by Foundryratjim Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:29 pm

South of Saginaw Michigan. The Titegroup is in an opened 8lb container.

Foundryratjim

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:49 pm

Sorry, too far away :-)

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:07 pm

Use the Titegroup.  It is good powder.   Try roughly the same weight, and see how it goes.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:41 pm

4.0-4.5 gr tite group is a good start, in the45. might be able to go lighter depending on gun. I've shot a good deal of titegroup.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:55 am

10sandxs wrote:4.0-4.5 gr tite group is a good start, in the45. might be able to go lighter depending on gun.  I've shot a good deal of titegroup.
I would have agreed as far as this load if we were talking about a 185 grain lead bullet but with the 200g bullet I think best to start at 3.8 and work up from there.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:50 pm

I loaded some rounds starting at 3.8 grains titegroup to 4.4 grains in 2 grain increments. The 4.2 and 4.4 were the most consistent velocity wise. I will load a bunch of each and do some accuracy testing.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Foundryratjim wrote:I loaded some rounds starting at 3.8 grains titegroup to 4.4 grains in 2 grain increments. The 4.2 and 4.4 were the most consistent velocity wise. I will load a bunch of each and do some accuracy testing.
Interesting as the powder burn rate charts list Bullseye and Titegroup as being right next to each other. 
    I got really good results with 4.2 over a 185g bullet.   In fact, I like Titegroup more than Bullseye.   It’s a cleaner powder.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:40 pm

My current load of 3.8gr of BE gives velocity at 690 fps, temp. 18 degrees F.

4.2 gr. titegroup velocity is 773 fps , temp. 69 degrees F

4.4 gr. titegroup velocity is 830 fps, temp. 69 degrees F

Shot out of  a series 80 Mark 4 Gold Cup National Match.        200gr. swc from Brazos Precision

I wasn't shooting for accuracy but i would shoot at the first hole from the beginning of the string and I could definitely see the accuracy difference with these to loads. I didn't feel that much more recoil either. You are right titegroup is definitely cleaner.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Centerline Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:24 pm

My research indicated Titegroup and Bullseye are pretty much on par.

Centerline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down