Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of Titegroup... WST equivalent?

5 posters

Go down

Speaking of Titegroup... WST equivalent? Empty Speaking of Titegroup... WST equivalent?

Post by Dcforman Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:37 pm

About to run out of WST. Gonna switch to Titegroup for a while (well, still have some WST, but saving it for 38...).

My load is a Zero 185 LSWCHP over 4.1 WST. What's the Titegroup equivalent? I've found 4.1 WST is about 3.8 BE, if that helps. Searched the forum, but found a few conflicting data points.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Titegroup... WST equivalent? Empty Re: Speaking of Titegroup... WST equivalent?

Post by fc60 Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:07 pm

Greetings,

Time to set up the chronograph and get some real data.

As you pointed out, conflicting data on the BaloneyNet is quite common.

On another front, the software QuickLoad and GRT have Bullseye and TiteGroup in their powder databases and some fairly close models can be derived.

I am new to the above, I use GRT, and just playing with the numbers my results with the chronograph parallel the software predictions.

NOTE: the software gets you close. You still need to chronograph the loads.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Titegroup... WST equivalent? Empty Re: Speaking of Titegroup... WST equivalent?

Post by Dcforman Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:27 pm

Thank you. I had not seen the GRT software before. Going to give it a shot! Hehe.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by brdrgrd Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:58 pm

2.6 grains of Titegroup is my load for my Model 52.

brdrgrd

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:17 pm

Dave,

When I was playing with Titegroup and that bullet I was at about 4.0, don't remember which gun I used (different guns have slightly different preferences). If you really wanted to optimize I would ladder load and put the gun in a ransom rest with someone who knows how to use one well.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:05 pm

Titegroup is a pinch slower than WST.  When you load to the same pressure you use more and get more velocity with Titegroup.  When you load the same grain weight of Titegroup you get lower pressure and usually lower velocity.  So I’d load up 50 rounds of each with 3.9, 4.1, and 4.3 of Titegroup and compare them for accuracy and velocity with your 4.1 of WST.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down