Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning a Hammerli 208

4 posters

Go down

Cleaning a Hammerli 208 Empty Cleaning a Hammerli 208

Post by hammerli Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:20 am

I have read the directions to clean a Hammerli 208 by Larry Carter and he suggests NOT to use a rod or brush. He suggests a pull through. I just want to ask if anyone has used a plastic rod, like the one that came with the old Walther GSPs and a nylon brush like what Hammerli supplied with the old Free Pistol 150.

Just asking.

hammerli

Back to top Go down

Cleaning a Hammerli 208 Empty Re: Cleaning a Hammerli 208

Post by speedy1544 Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:12 am

I have his same instructions for mine. I have used a weed wacker nylon string thingy, poked thru 2 small cleaning patches, I melted a small knob on the one end to hold the patches .

Recently I just used a pull thru bore snake , usually I use the .25 cal chamber brush.

Frank

speedy1544

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:30 pm

I've never understood how a pull through is better than a rod. I can't pull the cord through a barrel without having it rub against the crown of the barrel. Some say plastic is softer, but it is also easier for grit to get embedded in the plastic, so at best (IMO) it's 6 of one, half-dozen the other. I finally stopped worrying about it too much. For all my 22's I clean occasionally and lightly. Scrub the chamber with a bent brush then pull through a couple of patches to make sure there's nothing in the barrel.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 pm

But with pull throughs on the 208S you don't have to constantly remove the slide which has the screw through the back. That's my guess why its recommended.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by hammerli Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:31 am

Thank you very much for all the helpful tips. Guess I will stay with the pull though for most times and maybe once a year take off the slide and clean with a plastic rod.

hammerli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down