Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses

4 posters

Go down

First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses Empty First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:54 pm

I was practicing for hardball at the 50 yardline, and my buddy offered me one of those eyepal diopters. http://www.eyepalusa.com/
I can't be emphatic enough about how amazing the difference was. When I shoot irons, and I'm focusing on the front sight, I can't hardly see any black on the target. With this diopter the target shows up very well and I shot this:
First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses Diopte11

The 5 worst shots (ignore those 30cal holes...I was helping a rifle shooter) were without the diopter. The rest of the shots were with the diopter. It's awesome.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses Empty Re: First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses

Post by Founder Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 am

Nice shooting Rob!

Are you shooting the match today at menomee falls? EIC match and 1800!
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses Empty Re: First time Shooting Irons with a diopter cling stuck to my glasses

Post by Rob Kovach Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:52 am

Yup. See you there. Afternoon relay. Do you want to carpool?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taroman Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Interesting.
Does the Eye pal actually contain a diopter or is it just a pinhole?
Taroman
Taroman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:24 am

It's just a pinhole.  I don't understand how it works, but it is really a night and day difference for me.  Without it, all I see is a manila blur--no black at all.  With it, the black is very easy for me to line up with the Front Sight Post.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:51 pm

If you can see the target even without the black, it becomes a blank target drill.  

Each of us sees a bit differently, and we need to figure out, for us, exactly what we need to see to shoot well.   

Diopters can be very helpful for slow fire, but in rapid, I have found it to be too much.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down