Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

les baer custom - beware

+26
saltydog452
zanemoseley
Ceapea
ssds14534
msmith44
71firebird400
lakemurrayman
Fotomaniac
oxbowbob
rich.tullo
jjfitch
inthebeech
Wlw145s
Wobbley
Froneck
JIMPGOV
BE Mike
kc.crawford.7
SW-52
mikemyers
jglenn21
James Hensler
Axehandle
bruce martindale
Jon Eulette
Lenny53
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

les baer custom - beware - Page 3 Empty les baer custom - beware

Post by Lenny53 6/29/2021, 2:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Buyers BEWARE! If you are shopping for a bullseye gun – RUN AWAY! If you hope to get even a small resemblance of customer service – RUN AWAY!
I purchased bullseye wad from these guys in November of 2020. I also paid for 1.5″ guarantee barrel. Usually these come with test target that demonstrates the 1.5″ group. Mine came without the target and it did not shoot even close to 1.5″. I called them and asked about it. They said that they forgot to include the target and it takes 500 “brake in” shots to get the group. Given today’s supply shortage it was not easy to go through 500 shots of .45ACP, but I did shoot close to a thousand rounds. I shot from the rest, from hand and from RansomRest – NO GROUP. So, I called again (please be aware that their phone only answers 2-3 times a week if you are lucky) and asked what the problem was. Needless to say – of course!- the problem was me. Mr. Baer, I am a bullseye champion of Ukraine and shoot 97% at 50 yards. Also I used all possible loads available from the best load gurus in USA and none of them shot even a small resemblance of the group. I also reverse engineered your favorite Atlanta Arms ammo and got the same junky group.
So at the beginning of April of 21 I called again and demanded them to prove that the gun shoots! Of course, they did not even think offering paying for the shipping, so I paid for it. As of today the gun is still there and I have no any proof that the gun shoots 1.5″. Any time I call them and if I am lucky and somebody picks up the phone – I am getting the same answer – we are still testing. At some point Mr. Baer picked up the phone and here is a beautiful one: after yelling (literally Y E L L I N G!) at me and accusing me that I can’t shoot and that the gun is not designed to be used with RansomRest and that ALL LOADED AMMO IS JUNK, he said that the gun is already (!!!!) shooting a good group but he is waiting for another ammo to prove it!!!! That was said 3 months ago. Is he still waiting? If the gun already shoots a group, can I see it? Even if we forget about me, how about other customers who purchased bullseye gun last 3-4 months – are they also waiting for 3 months to get their test target? DON’T WAIST YOUR TIME AND MONEY – RUN AWAY, BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE

Lenny53

Halhoyle likes this post

Back to top Go down

les baer custom - beware - Page 3 Empty Re: les baer custom - beware

Post by OldShooter43 7/9/2021, 3:04 pm

Good advice from Mike.  I've only spoken with Les twice and had no problems because I didn't start out with an accusation or complaint.  His other staff folks were always helpful.  Folks have complained about Ed Brown's service too, but I've never had a problem there either.  That said, the "big guys" can't match up with people like Steve Huff at ACI or Rob Schauland at ACW when it comes to service.  Same goes for the good custom pistol smiths who are well known here.

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3