Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No lube Grove lead bullet experiment

2 posters

Go down

No lube Grove lead bullet experiment  Empty No lube Grove lead bullet experiment

Post by 10sandxs Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:05 pm

I'm considering having a custom NOE mold cut which would have 5 different cavities from 160 to 185 grains. None of these would have lube groves as they are designed for coating not lube.

I'm wondering if there would be any interest in "sample packs" of bullets that come from these molds. Perhaps 150 bullets (coated and sized) for $20 shipped or something similar. The mold will cost arround $230 and I'm just trying to recoup some of the cost of my little experiment

Im open to other thoughts...

No lube Grove lead bullet experiment  Molds10

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

No lube Grove lead bullet experiment  Empty Re: No lube Grove lead bullet experiment

Post by bruce martindale Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:32 am

FWIW, It will be a pia to sort them after casting.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

No lube Grove lead bullet experiment  Empty Re: No lube Grove lead bullet experiment

Post by 10sandxs Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 am

bruce martindale wrote:FWIW, It will be a pia to sort them after casting.
Yes... but I'll be buying two or three molds of the preferred bullet (if there is one) so I think it will be time well spent.  I've done a lot bigger pitas for a lot smaller returns so...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down